Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy, here. I have been lurking for a while, and I am looking forward to participating and sharing with everyone here.
Nothing special sets me apart from anyone else here. Grew up hunting, fishing, hiking and camping. Most of my life, while growing up, was spent living off the land; as much as a modern family can.
Hunting meat, fishing, crawfishing, etc.; any way to fill the freezer. For my family, it was more of a tradition than it was a means of alleviating monetary concerns.
Either way, it left me with a good deal of outdoor knowledge concerning my local area, and it's something that I'm slowly trying to instill in my young girls.
I never really considered myself as a "prepper", until meeting Hurricane Katrina face to face. We live just east of New Orleans, and just west of the Mississippi Gulf Coast, so we got hit with the full blow.
I was working for the local sheriff's office at the time, and got to witness, in full force, how quickly society as we know it disappears.
Since then, I've always paid careful attention to having what would be needed to keep my family safe, and get them to another area quickly.
I am looking forward sharing ideas and learning things "I never knew I never knew..."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I am looking forward to jumping in head first, and learning a wealth of new tricks and tips.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum from your neighbor to the west. Glad to have you here with us all. Katrina should have been a eye opener worthy of anyones undivided attention if you were a prepper before hand.Even after that, I bet Hurricane Sandy still didnt wake too many folks up. At anyrate, Hope to see you around and see you often here!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome and glad you are here. Post often and learn from all as everyone's life experience is different and we all can learn from someone. Glad you are here.

·
Administrator
15,004 Posts
welcome from Florida, the other "hurricane central."

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from the tundra of MN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts