Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on doomsday preppers on national geographic. Right down the middle of the states, happened back in 1811 I think. I know that part of that area is mainly caves and I'm assuming this has happened over the 2 times (it has been reported). I know if an earthquake happens in that area now, the entire place will be underground.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hope it doesn't go through central Iowa, or else I'll be a hurtin

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm safe, nice. Well there goes the Big 12...

·
Registered
369 Posts
It fits Edgar Cayce's prediction that the Great Lakes will flow into the Gulf. He said that it would be just the beginning of the destruction.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have looked into the new Madrid fault quite extensively. For 5 years I lived about 30 miles away from it. During that time some quack predicted a specific day that there would be a large quake. My school I was in had about a third of the students attend that day. Nothing happened.

The set of 3 earthquakes that made reelfoot lake had effects as far away as Maine. It supposedly toppled chimneys there, cracked sidewalks in Boston and Washington DC.

Those were estimated in the 8.1-8.4. They lasted about the same amount of time as most earthquakes for the main quakes. 20-40 seconds each. If you really want to get scared look up the Alaska quake of 1964. It was a 9.2, the second most powerful recoded quake, that lasted 4 full minutes. Think if something like that happened in the middle of the country.

·
RIP Johnny
179 Posts
A small earthquake, 2.8 magnitude i believe, hit the area of West Tennessee, Missouri and Arkansas early this morning ( or maybe late last night either way it hit).

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
It fits Edgar Cayce's prediction that the Great Lakes will flow into the Gulf. He said that it would be just the beginning of the destruction.
Not that I disagree with the sleeping prophet, but part of The Great Lakes already drain into the Gulf of Mexico via the Mississippi

·
Super Moderator
9,035 Posts
The New Madrid fault has me a tad concerned. Even tho I live about 40 miles southwest of Chicago, and don't think to much structural damage would happen around me, there are other considerations. There is a whole bunch of pipelines that run thru Nashville. 4 of the main one going into Chicago run thru Nashville and would probably be out of commission. With no fuel, or natural gas up here, things would quickly turn into SHTF event.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Having gone thru 2 once in a lifetime quakes in the same location, Sept 2010, Feb 2011, Christchurch New Zealand, I know we are due for a 9 that will go for 15 minutes.
( trans alpine fault).
No point sweating it, buried stashes will rise to the surface for sheeple to use. Roads will be out.
Best bet is 2 or more caches, on your property.
I have a full 1 week food water stash in my house, shed and garage. I guess if all the buildings drop I will be able to get to one asap.
That gives me a week to find others.

If we need to evac, I can fit them in and my family and cat in my vehicle.

If it is a short term emergency I can give a pack to someone I care about without compromising my own families well being

Next plan is a cache at each of my extended family house.. they will not know what it is, just that I want to store a case in their garage.
What's in a case you wonder?
20 tins of beans spaghetti soup
4kg rice
2kg dried fruit
Salt pepper spices
5 gal water I have plenty of water stashed elsewhere
2 bags cereal
2 wind up torch radios
6 rolls tp
Basic first aid kit
Matches, cooker, fuel
Hand sanitizer