1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,

I'm Matt I'm new to the prepper lifestyle

a little about me:
I'm training to be a welder in PA with little to no luck finding a job (like that's surprising) and have been researching into off the grid life but finding there is a lot of land but a lot of laws that come with it.

at the moment what im hoping to find is a place either to start homesteading or join into one if possable but then again it all depends on what happens from here

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome from another fellow Texan. The economy is tough right now and will be for the fore seeable future for all of us not just you. Just keep hustling and youll find something. It just might take a while. Let the lessons you learn today set the tone for your tomorrow. The situation you have today points out how important it is to prep and make yourself more self sufficient. Great to have you here and hope to see you around and see you often!

·
Administrator
15,099 Posts
welcome from Florida.
I think you'll find less restrictive laws about property and such down South.
If these budget cuts don't hit military maintenance too hard the Navy utilizes welders in ship repair (Virginia; Jacksonville, Florida).
The Army also has a tank repair facility in Anniston, Alabama.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi again,

thanks everyone for your responses i know i haven't been on in a while i've been a little busy around locally and just to say this im sorry if i came off a little like "oh wow with me" that's not what i meant to sound like but as i read this again i see i might have a good bit

·
Registered
292 Posts
Welcome aboard. From your intro I see that we have similar interest. I'm a off-gridder and that makes wind/solar a favorite of mine. We also live on 30 acres of land in one location. Raise our own food and animals including rabbit, sheep, goats, chickens and ducks.

Looking forwarded to benefiting from you and hearing about your experiences.

BTW have you started your compost for that 2013 garden yet?

Desert Marine

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome from Nevada. Best of luck on the job hunt.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Welcome! I'm about to homestead a piece of ground surrounded by an on-ramp. I just can't let them know I'm there. Good Luck and again, Welcome Aboard. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts