Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
i'm John. i'm living and working in North Carolina for now. born and raised in central Florida.I've always tried to learn new skills that would help me live alone or secluded so i guess i've always been a prepper. I've been a long time gardner (was VP of my FFA in High School) i grew up hunting and fishing, my dad had a huge garden when i was young. 75% of the food we ate, we grew or hunted. I've always felt more at home in the woods than anywhere else, when i was 17 i Joined the Marines, after 4 years i swapped to the army where i learned diesel mechanics.when i got out of the army i went to work for a Caterpillar dealer working on semis. I am now back working on military vehicles as a military contractor.from my mechanics and love of the woods i started building off road vehicles, first jeeps now i have a suzuki samurai i put a VW diesel engine in. running 31 inch tires i'm getting about 33 mpg. i learned blacksmithing a few years back and started making knives. i quit making knives a few years ago but still a good skill to know.but as i said i have all my life tried to learn skills that would make me self sufficient :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the site. Come from an Agriculture family myself. Used to have a family mulch business and mowing/landscaping service.

·
Administrator
14,702 Posts
Welcome from North Florida. Thank you for serving our country.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome from Nevada and
for your service.

·
Registered
280 Posts
At least...you put your where-abouts...........[location]
Welcome, and don't stop making knives.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts