Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Brand new to the board and a semi-novice prepper. My parents were preppers, but would never have called themselves that, it was just life. I'm wishing now I had paid a little closer attention. I've done a lot of trial and error over the last year, but I've still made some headway. I have a small garden I share with my sister (we have houses on a piece of shared property) that I want to expand. I especially want to add some medicinal herbs. I was bitten by the canning bug last year and hope to accomplish a lot more this year. I'm also a rabid couponer and that has helped me to have a good start on a storage.

I look forward to learning from you.

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Hi All!

Brand new to the board and a semi-novice prepper. My parents were preppers, but would never have called themselves that, it was just life. I'm wishing now I had paid a little closer attention. I've done a lot of trial and error over the last year, but I've still made some headway. I have a small garden I share with my sister (we have houses on a piece of shared property) that I want to expand. I especially want to add some medicinal herbs. I was bitten by the canning bug last year and hope to accomplish a lot more this year. I'm also a rabid couponer and that has helped me to have a good start on a storage.

Welcome from West Michigan.What part of the Mitten ya from? Or are you above us trolls?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Welcome, I do not think there is a one of us that does not wish we had taken more notes from the last two generation. A lot of skills died with them things we will need to relearn.

·
Registered
496 Posts
.....parents were preppers, but would never have called themselves that, it was just life. ....was bitten by the canning bug last year and hope to accomplish a lot more this year.... rabid couponer and that has helped me to have a good start on a storage.....
Welcome from Nevada. Sounds like you have some back ground to build on and to head forward. First time I heard the term "Prepper" I thought it was a derogatory comment. Not rabid, but the wife's the one who started me on at least to watch out for good coupon deal. The DIL is from the Detriot area running to the UP. They had their wedding at the family cabin at Eagle Harbor.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Hi All!

I love the way you described your folks as preppers but not "preppers." Seems that is the way we should all be.

I look forward to learning the canning experiences you are having. I have no experience in that and no knowledge. Reading your posts will help me greatly when I get around to jumping into that.

Welcome, from southeast Alabama.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome. I love getting to know other people and learn from them. It's also nice to be a part of a community where you aren't considered strange...well, you might still consider me strange once you get to know me a little better, but at least it won't be because I'm prepping. :D

·
Administrator
15,445 Posts
welcome from Florida

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.