Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I am a somewhat new prepper. I have been attempting to prep for about 2 years, but without a spouse on board and a very limited budget, those 2 years didn't get me very far. Now that he's on board (FINALLY!), I'm coming out of my "prepper cave" to meet other people and learn more.

Out budget is still very limited until hubby is out of graduate school in 2 years, but I don't feel like the world is going to last in its current state all that much longer (and our government...who knows?). Hubby and I would LOVE to have an off-grid retreat in the woods somewhere to bug out to. At this point, though, we're probably going to be stuck bugging in if TSHTF before we can buy or obtain a safe "away" location. (Or find others to form a group where we can all participate and survive together).

So, thanks for having me!

·
Administrator
15,022 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
We all started prepping with zero. Some of us are farther along than others.
Just remember - the journey of 1,000 miles starts with a single step.

Reactions: longrider

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Hi and welcome. I'm originally from Northeastern Pa myself, now in Virginia.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Welcome from Southern Minnesota. I started by saving water in washed out milk jugs. Then moved on to spending an extra $20.00 per grocery shopping trip on prep food. Dry beans, rice, etc. The best thing is, you've both made a good decision to start. Good luck in your preps. This is a good site for great information and even better people.

·
Administrator
15,022 Posts
........ I started by saving water in washed out milk jugs.........
Same here. We did it to prepare for hurricane season. We still do it 20+ years later. I thought we were the only ones.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Same here. We did it to prepare for hurricane season. We still do it 20+ years later. I thought we were the only ones.
How do you guys get all the milk enzymes out of the containers? Everywhere I've read they say not to use milk jugs because the water will be contaminated.

Water | Ready.gov

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad to have you here with us. Glad to see your in the game with the rest of us here. I think we got more time to do a lot more than you might think you can. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will you be prepped in a couple of months either! Just analize your situation and see where you can make the most progress and then take it one step at a time. Before you know it you will be sitting on much higher ground. Hope to see you around and see you often!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts