Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Makes for on hell of a bug out vehicle.

The so called insider info wars used to claim DHS was about protecting the ruling elite / political class and not about oppressive control would be bolstered with this information. Tanks / APCs make for targets in a state of oppression, but on the move getting past hoards of unorganized protestors, rioters and looters they'll do quite well.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
The guy in green in the photo is a Border Patrol SRT member and the Border Patrol doesn't have SRT anymore, their called BORTAC. How come I haven't seen any of these vehicles and there supposed to be in my back yard? Things that make you go hmmm.

How many people have noticed your local police getting vehicles like this?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Just gets better and better.

·
Registered
492 Posts
This is just a shot in the dark but I think those APC's are for not for just our troops but they appear to be quite similar to the namby pamby gay mobiles UN troops around the globe like to cruise the boogelard in. They never learn. Remember the Branch Davidians...ATF crawling on the roof toting .223's and David Koresh and company are packing 30-06 and that was the little boom stick. I wasn't cheering for crazy David, but seeing those bullets tear across the wall and take out two idiot ATF fem-bots was frightening. To quote a member on this board, "If you find yourself in a fair fight, something is seriously wrong with your battle tactics." I think obamaja is going to juke the UN into doing his bidding to trash our constitution starting with the 2nd Amendment. Just a wild ass guess.

punch

"Get rid of that chrome plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock." -Tommy Lee Jones (U.S. Marshalls)

·
Registered
938 Posts
MRAPs on the streets of America? Well, that will certainly be a show of force when that contraption shows up.

I am reminded of the story about the first time the Romans encountered elephants when facing off against Hannibal - what do you do when you have nothing that can take down an elephant?

I can see it now - out of control rioting crowd on the streets of Detroit grabs a city bus or a cement truck to go up against the MRAP. That should be an interesting head-on collision....

So, out comes the bulldozers against the MRAPs. Or maybe it will be like when the Soviets went up against the Nazis who brought their Tiger tanks into battle expecting to crush all comers, only to have the T-34s ram the Tigers and wedge themselves underneath the larger tank, grinding it to a halt.

·
Registered
492 Posts
In Afganistan those soviet tank commanders got their asses handed back to them by guys riding camels and hiding in the rocks. I say a bolt action rifle with decent optics will take one out when they are gassing up. I'm jus sayin'

·
Super Moderator
9,228 Posts
In Afganistan those soviet tank commanders got their asses handed back to them by guys riding camels and hiding in the rocks. I say a bolt action rifle with decent optics will take one out when they are gassing up. I'm jus sayin'
Yes they did. But remember that was a 9 yr war. The Soviets had a home to go to. What happen when the govt has no where to go?

You also had better hope there are enough young'uns to handle that. Most of us are too damn old. My hard livin and hard fightin ended about the middle 70's. I probably could have handled a fair amount up to 36. That's when I had back surgery and haven't been the same since. I don't know about you punch but those days are over for me. I will still do my best to defend my home and maybe my neighborhood but I don't think much else is in the cards. We'll see.

·
Registered
938 Posts
If we are ever in a situation where the citizens are facing a firefight with armed forces of the government, once they show up with Apache gunships, that will pretty much end any fight.

I also do not think that will ever happen.

I think DHS must be contemplating having to support military action against an invading force. If that is the case (and I have to say I am sure they are planning for that exact set of contingencies) I will be very happy to see the MRAPs roll out.

I think we could possibly be facing off against the Russians, Chinese, North Koreas, and enemies in the Middle East and Africa, either singular or combined forces, also either in a WWIII scenario, or sleeper cell infiltrators carrying out a massive coordinated attack within our own borders.

It is a wicked world we live in, we are the number one Superpower, and we'll probably be coupled with Great Britain, with China and Russia nipping at our heels.

Already we are threatening Iran over their nuclear buildup. We got out of the last Depression with a World War. I honestly think that is what is coming, and it will begin in the Middle East.

·
Administrator
14,873 Posts
If we are ever in a situation where the citizens are facing a firefight with armed forces of the government, once they show up with Apache gunships, that will pretty much end any fight.
A bunch of half starved North Vietnamese Army troops and Viet Cong, armed with mostly small arms, improvised explosives, no artillery bigger than 82mm mortars, rockets, RPG's and belt fed machine guns fought the most powerful military in the world to a stand still.
They had no helicopter gunships, B-52's (hell, aircraft of any type over the South), armor, field artillery.
They won, we lost. Yeah we killed a couple million, but they prevailed.
Just sayin'.

Reactions: AsteroidX and punch

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

I also do not think that will ever happen.

I think DHS must be contemplating having to support military action against an invading force. If that is the case (and I have to say I am sure they are planning for that exact set of contingencies) I will be very happy to see the MRAPs roll out.

I think we could possibly be facing off against the Russians, Chinese, North Koreas, and enemies in the Middle East and Africa, either singular or combined forces, also either in a WWIII scenario, or sleeper cell infiltrators carrying out a massive coordinated attack within our own borders.

It is a wicked world we live in, we are the number one Superpower, and we'll probably be coupled with Great Britain, with China and Russia nipping at our heels.

Already we are threatening Iran over their nuclear buildup. We got out of the last Depression with a World War. I honestly think that is what is coming, and it will begin in the Middle East.
I don't think DHS is looking at an invading force right now though we owe a lot of money to China and I'm sure they wonder if we're ever going to pay it back. With the way the government has been talking about seeing veterans as a major threat to the government these days, all the unrest with the current administration, rightwing viewpoint, split population and talk of revolution, I'm sure they're preparing in case. They'd be foolish not to. As for Apache's turned out and all the various other weapons we have in our arsenal, that's a two way street and they've got to have people willing to run down other American's. Hard to blow up cousin Bob and mow down your old highschool friends and classmates. They know that though and it's why there are other policies and treaties in place. Drones can do a hell of alot these days too and contractors from other places can be brought in too. But their toys can be turned against them and absolutely need to if it comes to that. The American people when pushed too far can be quite resourceful. Still, even though the greatest generation is old and dusty. Assualt, commandeer and use against them.. Hard to use bombs and rockets in urban centers also where most government buildings are and so are lots of other citizens. Citizens who won't be overjoyed to see them used in front of their faces, on our soil, against American's. It's different when it's happening right in front of you and not on a TV screen in a far away place you can ignore.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
6 people with welding and cutting equipment a hoist and some tool could make just as an effective vehicle in a few days using a dump truck or other scrapped vehicle in a few days. It would look as pretty but be just as effective. Could turn several out from a large scrap yard.

What one man did on his own.

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
How many will fight?
I just ask people that own guns if they are an NRA member. Roughly 80% around here will look at me like I'm nuts. Why do I need to join the NRA?? I don't want to draw attention to myself and the fact I have guns, is the usual reply. Yet every year they go buy a gun hunting license.
I don't think they will stand and do anything if they don't have enough balls/common sense to at "least" join the NRA.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
MRAP report is totally false

I did some checking on this myself and the report on the MRAPs and the rifles are totally false.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes they do. It has been confirmed. 1.6 billion rds. of ammo (and growing), $2.1 in "no-hesitation" targets of pregnant women, children, and elderly men, 7000 AR15's, and 2700 MRAP's. I believe Obunghole is going to crash the US dollar, and is preparing for social unrest, rioting, etc.> martial law, gun confiscation> bye bye constitution> NWO , run by World Bank. Its called bondage my friends.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts