Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are other threads like the checklist thread for bug out bags but I wanted to put something together that my fiance could grab at a moments notice if I am not there which is usually at least four months out of the year.

A couple of nights ago I decided to assemble the bag out of things that were already lying around the hous(With the exception of a tarp wich I purchased last night). Here is what I have packed in it.

2 First strike rations
1 9X12 10mm thickness tarp
1 Taurus Millenium Pro 40 cal
1 box 40 cal ammo(50 rounds)
4 500ml bottles of Qunch 2.0 bottled water(Desert water probably bottled in the UAE somewhere)
6 pure protien 20 gram protien bars
2 rip it energy shots
46 ounces of silver bullion/junk silver(This is our whole stockpile, not sure if thats a good idea or not)
1 KA-Bar 8 inch knife
1 Leatherman
1 Surefire+ 1 spare set of batteries(I plan on replacing this with some sort of crank light)
1 set of sand goggles
1 pair leather gloves
4 tuna packs
1 pack biodegradable baby wipes
1 Bible
1 Airmans manual(better than nothing I guess haha)

The one glaring omission was a first aid kit wich I have not purchased yet and was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions on a good all purpose economical choice. We have two dogs alo and I wanted to pack a few cans of food for them but the bag is already on the heavy side for her.

Any input you guys had would be very helpfull whether it be stuff I am missing or stuff I do not need.

thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'd suggest scanning the forums and gleen what you can. It's not that the members here don't want to help you... Its just that we have had a huge influx post-election and everyone jumps on and asks the same questions and people get burned out typing the same thing over and over. There's a current thread on BOBs for dogs... that has some great advice... and plenty of general BOB threads to look through. You can also use the search function to look up first aid kit, etc.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Your a rock star btw.

How about fire?
Taking the dogs along can be a double edge blade. One, could slow down or if she did go through any type of public facility, they might be banned, although if going solo, then could be great protection. Personally, I will never leave my two schnauzers.

Great idea on the Bible and the airmans manual as well. How about printed out maps of at least a few proposed places out (4 different directions N,S,E,W) depending on the situation? Get some cash as well, some people will still be accepting this right off. Flash drive with photos of your personal documents (drivers license, birth certs, passports, instructions manuals to devices you might have, get the very small cards that can be accepted in cell phones)

After I built one, I threw them in the hallway closet, then I duplicated more of them and put them in each car (In case I was already traveling), I also have some at work, always updating, always rotating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks. Will do. Lol That actually makes sense as this was one of those things I always intended to do but never really got around to untill that very time. I did see the dog thread and I do intend to pack them thier own bag. This one was just in case I am not there and she needs to go asap.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
cool thanks. Will do. Lol That actually makes sense as this was one of those things I always intended to do but never really got around to untill that very time. I did see the dog thread and I do intend to pack them thier own bag. This one was just in case I am not there and she needs to go asap.
Something else to consider is to get any type of bag right now to get started. Heck, even a grocery bag is better than nuthin! Kids backpacks will work just fine as well, and when you finally have the contents in place, then consider purchasing a good pack.

Something else, if you have an office, get 2 liter soda bottles, fill them, and stash them in your office at work, if you don't have an office, putting them in the ceilings or in weird locations works just as good. ;-) If you don't work, your neighbors childs playhouse or ditchline works just as good.

·
Registered
466 Posts
When you are asking for ideas on something like this, please let us know where your at. Different ideas for people in different areas and with different needs. I would't even consider packing 46 oz of silver, nor a full box of .40. Instead , I would buy a ruger .22 and pack two boxes of shells for it and a cleaning rod and still come out ahead on the weight.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I..Any input you guys had would be very helpfull whether it be stuff I am missing or stuff I do not need..
You definitely need a couple of maps like Survival said.
It's good that you've got a tarp in there to keep the rain off, but don't forget to pack a thick blanket or sleeping bag to keep the cold off.
Dump the sand goggles unless you really think you'll need them.
A first-aid kit is needed, here's my ultra-basic one below containing just 4 items thrown into a plastic bag-
Aspirins to stop the pain of headache or upset gut
Sticking plaster , it's a cuttable strip to suit size to suit the wound and is the next best thing to stitches for holding a gash together, and the sticky part never touches the wound.
Sore throat tablets
Antiseptic ointment for grazes, and for lubrication if you're constipated and shitting painful cannonballs..;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts