Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all,

I am just posting a quick note about a new ammo manufacturer located in the heartland, we currently are producing 223 FMJ 55 Grain and 40 Cal 180 grain plated. 9 mm will start next week and we should be able to keep up with all three calibers running 3 shifts. Since it is our first production run we are selling our brass 223 for .42cents per round @ 1000 rounds ordered and, plated 180 grain 40 cal @ .39 cents a round ordered at 1000 rounds as well. I have yet to test our 9MM but once I do I will post the pricing for that as well. We currently have 1 million rounds of 223 in stock and ready to ship although we do not have our web store up and running we will still make arrangements to ship our product to you VIA ups. We are currently shipping in 250CT 500CT and 1000CT orders, if you have any questions feel free to either PM me our send and email to [email protected] .

Thanks in advance,
Nate

·
Super Moderator
9,264 Posts
Looking forward to your web store. Please post.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I would question why they market .223 and not 5.56.
.223 is not a refereed round for the AR and has not been sense the 20 inch 1 in 12 version.
If you look at the numbers there are far more 5.56 in peoples hands than .223.
The only reason an Ar owner with a 5.56 buys .223 is they can not get 5.56 or do
not understand the difference.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
All but two of my boxes have the NATO cross on the headstamp inside. I shun those two boxes, and make them sit on the other side of the room all by themselves. (Nah, they all hang out together.)

Maybe they're too small a company to have the ammo pass verification? Or it's reloads and they just have more .223 cases than 5.56? It would seem to me that selling reloads with the NATO cross would be dishonest so it could be a way to avoid that kind of reputation.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
guns chambered for the 5.56 round can shoot the shorter, lower pressure .223 but the .223 chambered guns cannot use the 5.56 rounds. It makes sense to load a round that is more universal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are currently loading de-milled lake City Ammo, never fired just de-milled so we could load to NATO standards but for liability we are running 223 as was previously stated if you have a 223 stamp and run 5.56 through it barrel pressures could sky rocket. We have thought about running NATO but in our area 5.56 was available and considerably cheaper during the recent shortage so we decided to take a NATO round and load it to 223 Specs. Currently all of our handgun is re manufactured brass and nickle plated. Thanks for the inquires I do my best to respond to any other questions that pop up.

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
We are currently loading de-milled lake City Ammo, never fired just de-milled so we could load to NATO standards but for liability we are running 223 as was previously stated if you have a 223 stamp and run 5.56 through it barrel pressures could sky rocket. We have thought about running NATO but in our area 5.56 was available and considerably cheaper during the recent shortage so we decided to take a NATO round and load it to 223 Specs. Currently all of our handgun is re manufactured brass and nickle plated. Thanks for the inquires I do my best to respond to any other questions that pop up.
So you are loading 556 headstamped cases to 223 specs?? That would still make them 556,light loads at that. They still would have the chamber issue also.

Or are you loading 223 headstamped cases to 223 specs ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With the Lake City 5.56 we have left we have loaded it to 223 SAAMI specs with out rifling infringement and been running 3-3200 FPS right along with our 223 stamped brass, that is running at a COL of 2.22. Ill pull some of our 5.56 tomorrow and throw it down range just to be sure, I have the unfortunate job of testing our lots :)

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
A 556 case has a different dimension than a 223 case.A 556 case won't chamber correctly into a 223 chamber and will raise pressure. You have liability in your false advertising I'm afraid to tell you. It's troubling to find out that a company doesn't know what it's selling. I've only been loading 223/556 for 4 months and the case difference is the first thing I learned. Good Luck in your venture.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The chamber pressure comes from the projectile reaching to far into the chamber not the case dimension if I remember correctly hence the milspec rounds being on the longer side such as the M855 rounds, and perhaps I wasn't clear on we are loading for 223 which includes case trimming although a micrometered 5.56 COL (case overall length) on average is 44.60 and a average 223 is 44.50, sorry if there was any confusion. Congrats on reloading its a shame to see all the once fired brass destroyed. Again thanks for the inquiry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great article, I have read more times than I wish to remember I can however assure you we have reloaders on staff that have decades of experience. We do have the "actual drawings" located at each machine producing 223 but again I realize reloading is like engine building everyone has there special formula. My intention was not to get into an argument but rather give an outlet to those who seek quality ammunition for an affordable cost from a company located in the midwest. I may however point out that you should look at other reloading data before stating that we are in fact advertising under false pretense as Hornaday, Hogdon, and Spear reloading manuals, just to name a few off of the top of my head, disagree with your statement as far as case difference between 223 and 5.56. And might I point out your case specs listed above state exactly what I have been stating, case lengths are the same bullet lead is the variable.

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Great article, I have read more times than I wish to remember I can however assure you we have reloaders on staff that have decades of experience. We do have the "actual drawings" located at each machine producing 223 but again I realize reloading is like engine building everyone has there special formula. My intention was not to get into an argument but rather give an outlet to those who seek quality ammunition for an affordable cost from a company located in the midwest. I may however point out that you should look at other reloading data before stating that we are in fact advertising under false pretense as Hornaday, Hogdon, and Spear reloading manuals, just to name a few off of the top of my head, disagree with your statement as far as case difference between 223 and 5.56. And might I point out your case specs listed above state exactly what I have been stating, case lengths are the same bullet lead is the variable.
OK, good luck with your venture

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With any luck our 9MM will be up and producing in less than two weeks, we will be loading 45, 38, and 380. We are considering branching out into 7.62 but haven't begun sourcing our components on it yet. We will be switching to 308 1 week out of the month we just haven't gotten around to it as we are trying to catch up on 223 production. I will be sure to post once we get some 9MM's made.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Glad to see a new ammo manufacturer. But at $420/ 1000 .223 I won't stop reloading anytime soon. I'm sure you will have folks lining up to pay that, and that's why prices will remain INFLATED. I'm not knocking you personally, don't take it like that. But I personally won't pay that... Good luck to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I totally understand your pain, once we can get our components for a better price we will be extending those savings on to the retail customer, this has been a project 5 years in the making of which I have been apart of 2, we never planned for the shortage we have been faced with. I will always remember the Friday when Sandy Hook took place and kicked off the new shortage, we were fortunate enough to have investors that had a similar mindset.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts