Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just now getting around to shooting this off on Thanksgiving. Just black powder and a fuse for testing. If anyone could give any tips, it would be great.

Sorry for the low light, and shaky video (cell phone).

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hmmm... Now if you could just build a giant carousel and mount it on the bed of a pickup... and stick that baby up there. Holy Hell... but you could have some fun with the neighbors. :)

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Man if I had that thing I am sure I would probably have more fun than the law should allow...an former Ordie should never have a toy like that laying around at their disposal to play with! It might not keep them off "my hill" but it would sure make them pay a heavy price for being stupid! Its nice being the "God of Thunder".

·
Registered
185 Posts
Holee guacamolee I'd give what's left of my mojo to have one of those.

There's a guy in my area who shoots bowling balls out of a cannon he made but this puts it to shame.

·
Registered
11,817 Posts
Things that go Booom! Sweet!

·
Super Moderator
9,840 Posts
You may have the red coats knocking at your door soon.

Very cool though!

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Survivor,

Did you ever shoot that thing? and if so, lets see the video as promised! Thanks

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Whare did you get the canon from? I've seen them in the Dixie Gun works catalogue, they have several flavors!

·
Registered
185 Posts
It would depend on the area but as long as there are no "destructive devices" involved (HE ammo) it is just another muzzleloader.

I saw where another fellow mounted his on rubber trailer tire wheels with a splinter shield - it is neat.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
$$$$$$
That thing will burn a half pound of pyrodex or more per shot.
The cannon balls are expensve enough that you will go and dig them outta the hill you fired em into.
And the cops will show up every single time you shoot it

But it will be waaaay cool to shoot, no doubt. Is that an eight pounder

1 - 20 of 21 Posts