Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let's see if we have anybody else checking in from Nevada. I'm currently living in NW Las Vegas. Got here through an assignment to Nellis AFB in September '85 and despite being a Texas through and through, I decided to make this end of the country home.

Reactions: shotlady

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Jan 14-17 ill be at the shot show with my ffl friend. Id love to have a meet up! theres a website that i belong to for sport bikes we have all traveled to meet each other. would be cool to start doing that!

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'm not a Nevada native, but it is one of my favorite states. I've spent some time hunting in the Ruby Mountains and look forward to every trip I make to that great state.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My opinion is Nevada is purgatory for hell, which is actually living in Texas, now that is hell on earth.

Ducks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Jan 14-17 ill be at the shot show with my ffl friend. Id love to have a meet up! theres a website that i belong to for sport bikes we have all traveled to meet each other. would be cool to start doing that!
My opinion is Nevada is purgatory for hell, which is actually living in Texas, now that is hell on earth. Ducks.
Shotlady, That sounds like a great idea! That's one of the few shows that comes to town that the wife and I would like to see, but around here with the more open gun laws, unless your connected to someone in the industry, tickets are difficult to impossible to obtain.

Hey Montana Rancher, be nice! I did not know that the word "snow" qualified as one of those four letter words you were not supposed to use in public until I rotated back from Saigon, RVN to Limestone, ME in January '69 and was "humping" nuke loaded B-52s and KC-135s on the alert ramp at night in 40 below weather.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was born in Fallon NV. Spent many summers there as a kid. We used to hang out at the irrigation canal behind my Grandmothers house. We would catch frogs, snakes and lizards. Would drive my Grandmother nuts. Used to ride a few dirt bikes when I got a little older. God how I miss those days.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I was born in Fallon NV. Spent many summers there as a kid. We used to hang out at the irrigation canal behind my Grandmothers house. We would catch frogs, snakes and lizards. Would drive my Grandmother nuts. Used to ride a few dirt bikes when I got a little older. God how I miss those days.
For me it was AZ Scottsdale and Phoenix and driving Aunt Ruby nuts.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
9uc you want me to ask my friend if he can help you and your bride get access to the show lol let me reach out to him and see what/ if anything he can do to have you and yer bride join us for the shot show. no promises though!
brandi

as a whole i think its high time we start doing meet ups kinda know each other in person. id drive to az,nv and norcal for a meet up or camp out.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
9uc you want me to ask my friend if he can help you and your bride get access to the show lol let me reach out to him and see what/ if anything he can do to have you and yer bride join us for the shot show. no promises though! brandi as a whole i think its high time we start doing meet ups kinda know each other in person. id drive to az,nv and norcal for a meet up or camp out.
Thanks, that would be appreciated and I think mini meets are good for any group. Have done a couple of evening get to gathers with the online Nevada Shooters and as we both enjoying RVing, we are hoping to start doing mini meets to occasionally, especially to get out of the summer desert heat.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Thanks, that would be appreciated and I think mini meets are good for any group. Have done a couple of evening get to gathers with the online Nevada Shooters and as we both enjoying RVing, we are hoping to start doing mini meets to occasionally, especially to get out of the summer desert heat.
Haven't seen on Nevada Shooters do you post?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I do some posting on Nevada Shooters, use the same avatar, but different handle. Have got to know Top Hog and his wife. Good people. I did a PM on NS, so hope your using RG on it. Much Like I do on this forum, I do far more reading than posting under the old philosophy that I learn far more when mouth is shut and ears are open. I do pretty much the same on the Bersa pistol forums and RV forums to which I belong.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
Reactions: Maol9 and Slippy
1 - 19 of 19 Posts