Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are scary I know. Uninformed.naive even and some of them may just be plain morons.

The important thing to remember is, no matter how Rambo you think you are, you cannot survive as an island. And why would you.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I've made it a point to get to know my neighbors. While we may not have dinner get togethers or hang out socially we do make a point of stopping and talking when we are all out doing yard work and such. I don't know about a long term alliances, but I do know in an unexpected situation we would help each other out.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I've got to know my neighbors quite well over the last 20-40 plus years. Some I can count on most are just a liability and threat. Most are responsible for the situation that we are in now.
I just heard through one "GOOD" neighbor that the other neighbors plan is to come over to MY place and take what they can. They laugh and think it's funny that I'm a "wasting" my time and money stocking up. Guess who gets it first? Cause now I'm on the offensive. I just love two faced people.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Most that live out here now in case of a Natural disaster . Would be waiting on the government to fix times and figuring out where to spend the check when it comes. Sad but the truth.
If STHF they would still be in disbelief even after they were over run. While sending the kids out to clean off the COEXIST bumper sticker hoping that stick would show them to be good people

Reactions: Jeep

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
My neighbors are a fellow S.E. Asian vet, a cattle rancher, a retired couple, a good old boy, and down on the paved road a white trash welfare family of petty criminals.
No problem, (except for the criminals), we all grow food, raise chickens and other livestock, own and know how to use weapons.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'm good, Here in the mountains the people are preppers and they don't know it. Plenty of food in storage.
Chickens, Cattle, Hogs, On and on,,,,,,,,,,,Good people here. Hillbilly's, Rednecks, Mountain people. No slum rats here
mostly only grade "A" That's part of the reason I'm here

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have been spending $5 a week just for my neighbors. I'm storing rice and beans for them. I don't want them to starve as I need them!! I have 2 young families in close proximity , one is a forester and one is a mechanic. They girls are stay at home moms and I have been giving produce, eggs and meat to them all summer, giving them recipes and I have shown them how to can and hot water bath. I just tell the girls it so much healthier and cheaper, to feed a growing family this way. Between the 2 families, there are 5 young ones ages 5 to newborn.
I have good neighbors, with one exception, I have one woman neighbor to the north of me that is on meds for mental issues, she is always yelling at her husband, so I think if SHTF he will take her out and I will not have to worry, but she is one I keep my eye on at all times as she has been known to stop her meds. She knows I carry at all times and she for the most part heads the other way when she see me out and about. LOL

I guess I'm lucky and blessed in this area compared to some stories I hear. I hope to help and be helped, that is what I'm working on to further my survival in SHTF situation.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Enjoy your communal living. My neighbors seem to be good folk mostly elders, but that doesn't mean I want to take long walks with them.

Reactions: big paul

·
Registered
239 Posts
my neighbours are ok, but they are all townies and will run screaming to the nearest food bank or "soup kitchen" when SHTF, they wont be of one bit of use in a post shtf world.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I believe on our street and cul de sac we have just about the best mix of age one could want. Everyone of which are as trustworthy as any eleven households I have ever been part of.

At the beach I can say that for our two immediate neighbors. As for the rest I have not known them long enough but see no problems.

In both cases I likely own more guns than all of them combined.

I only want to tote one or two back and forth so maybe the mix at each needs adjusting.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
You have good circumstances there. If u have that, you are ready to try and "keep a people". The first practical steps are food and infectious disease, because if those aren't there, security doesn't matter.
Best wishes!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Wow, Some of you guys are really lucky..My would be neighbors are people who enjoy daily, thinking world is going to be happy till end of universe. So in SHTF they will die of starvation...The number of people who actively prepare for SHTF in USA is quite high..In here, Indians 100% people live in illusory dreamy state. Just read current news regarding flood in Jammu and Kashmir, a state in India..100% people depend upon government.
I'll always help any children 0-14 years at any cost in SHTF...for adults i'm not that pretty sure. I'm not pedo..those are my religious beliefs that make me compassionate about them.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wow, Some of you guys are really lucky..My would be neighbors are people who enjoy daily, thinking world is going to be happy till end of universe. So in SHTF they will die of starvation...
yep, sounds the same as the UK, most people have a maximum of 3 days food in the house, you see them on sundays all queueing up in the supermarket with their heaving trolleys of food, half of which you know they will throw away because it'll get to the use by date and they couldn't possibly eat it after the date expires..they might die if they did! people really make me mad!!!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Zed I picked my candidates by age & burden measures. We have plenty old who know stuff. I chose under 25 couples of kind and gentle faith with realistic but hopeful belief and still - G-d will do what G-d will do. I do not know an better than to try and make pretty that last long. Takes strong to do, but it's what people do.
Cheers & Best Wishes!

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
They are scary I know. Uninformed.naive even and some of them may just be plain morons.

The important thing to remember is, no matter how Rambo you think you are, you cannot survive as an island. And why would you.
I see single crazy alone individuals living underneath a bridge all over the United States

1 - 19 of 19 Posts