Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Push dagger. If you end up grappeling on the ground shove it through his armpit or throat.
Good idea! I have one of them punch daggers also...usually forget to wear it though, maybe I should put it in my BOB.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Personally, I am not a fan of anything around my neck. If it won't fit in my pocket or hang on my belt, I do not want to carry it. It is just a personal phobia
I certainly would not want one on paracord, but on a ball chain maybe, something that would break away easy enough to prevent it being used against me in a scuffle.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
For many years now I have worn a HideAway knife on a lanyard around my neck. The one I carry is made from Titanium, so it's very light, doesn't rust, and doesn't really get very cold. I'm very fond of the nearly "drop-proof" design. I also have a tiny Drake mini Titanium flashlight attached to the knife. It goes everywhere with me, and is completely innocuous.

HideAwayKnife
Great little knife design. It kinda reminds me of when I pulled out my camera phone and snapped a picture of a knife at big 5, the clerk asked if I liked that knife, I said yes, I liked it enough to wanna make one of my own!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have a Cold Steel Pro Guard. It's marketed as a neck knife, and with a ball and chain or paracord it certainly works but it is a bit large.

If I want something way smaller and less intrusive the Kabar LDK is great. Not advisable for those with huge hands, nowhere near as good as a grip as something like the Hideaway knife, but it's still usable...and wickedly sharp. Only about $15, too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
FWIW...I have finally landed on my neck knife.....I got an ESEE Izula II. I absolutely love it. It has been my EDC since Father's Day (when my wife got it for me). Incredibly handy, razor sharp and solid in the hand. It outclasses all other neck knives I have tried. Plus...it's made in my home state of Idaho!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
FWIW...I have finally landed on my neck knife.....I got an ESEE Izula II. I absolutely love it. It has been my EDC since Father's Day (when my wife got it for me). Incredibly handy, razor sharp and solid in the hand. It outclasses all other neck knives I have tried. Plus...it's made in my home state of Idaho!
Good choice for a solid all around knife, no question about it.

You probably already know, but they sell scales for the Izula if you ever want a thicker handle on it. There's also a whole variety of big brothers and sisters that make great survival knives if you ever want to expand, though there's not much you can't already do with that Izula.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Good choice for a solid all around knife, no question about it.

You probably already know, but they sell scales for the Izula if you ever want a thicker handle on it. There's also a whole variety of big brothers and sisters that make great survival knives if you ever want to expand, though there's not much you can't already do with that Izula.
Yup....matter of fact I got the Izula 2....it comes standard with the scales and it's another half inch longer than the original Izula....fits in the hand quite nicely!

·
Registered
119 Posts
never saw the need for a neck knife. Why would you want it hanging around you're neck ? I never liked wearing jewelry, or even a wristwatch, something around my neck is annoying.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
SO let me get this right....We are actually talking about knives based upon where we wear them instead of what they are good for????

So an Ass Crack knife would be what? and for the women they even get an extra orifice knife opportunity. I'm being a dick I know...but I don;t get it. It's a damn knife...you either have a small one for certain tasks or a larger one for certain tasks or a medium one that does both tasks to a degree.

So what do you think a good ass crack knife should be? Jeez louise.....

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
never saw the need for a neck knife. Why would you want it hanging around you're neck ? I never liked wearing jewelry, or even a wristwatch, something around my neck is annoying.
SO let me get this right....We are actually talking about knives based upon where we wear them instead of what they are good for????
I don't think that's the point here (pun intended).

Why do you carry IWB? I've never seen the need. Why do you carry in a drop leg? That seems silly to me. Everybody should carry on their chest rig, because that's how I do it. See where I'm going with this? The location of the knife doesn't matter; the op prefers to carry it around their neck. I'm not entirely sure why that bothers anyone.

A knife is a knife, so long as it serves the purpose and isn't made out of tin (or by Gerber).

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I don't think that's the point here (pun intended).

Why do you carry IWB? I've never seen the need. Why do you carry in a drop leg? That seems silly to me. Everybody should carry on their chest rig, because that's how I do it. See where I'm going with this? The location of the knife doesn't matter; the op prefers to carry it around their neck. I'm not entirely sure why that bothers anyone.

A knife is a knife, so long as it serves the purpose and isn't made out of tin (or by Gerber).
Hey I'm not trying to beat anybody up...I had just never heard of a neck knife, but admittedly I am not a big knife guy. I carry a good pocket knife, and I have a field knife, I may choose to carry them anywhere on my person, except for the crack of my ass, so I was just poking a little fun at it. No ill will intended.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Well, a neck knife does offer one thing--you can grab it in a hurry with either your left or right hand.

Granted, you might not have the dexterity of your non-dominant hand, but a bad slash is better than no slash, at all.

That is why I polish the edges of my "blue jeans knives." I might just be slicing sandwiches and opening the mail, but in this chaotic world of an eight-dollar knife with a 75 dollar polish this just might get you home safely.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts