Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Natural Mosquito Repellent: Chemical & Pesticide Free

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  9UC 
#1 ·
With warm weather comes annoying pest like black flies, mosquitoes, and other pesky flying insects.

Commercial insect repellant contain incredibly harmful chemicals and pesticides that can reside in your liver & other vital organs for YEARS. So as a Certified Master Herbalist here are my 3 formulas for a Natural Mosquito Repellent.

Hope you guys will benefit from it whether you're in a gardening situation, camping, survival training etc.

Enjoy!
DM

#2 ·
Thanks DM, Have some not so good memories of the crap they gave us while in Nam. There were times when I thought it was an attractant rather than a repellent. I've copied the recipes to file.

#7 ·
Thanks DM, Have some not so good memories of the crap they gave us while in Nam. There were times when I thought it was an attractant...
God, does that bring back memories. The squitoes were so big, they'd walk up and down trees and bark. I can remember watching a large flight of F-105's come over the base and then peel off to land. Suprise, suprise, it wasn't f-105's it was squitoes.

Reactions: 9UC
#8 ·
The best mosquito repellent I have used is to rub a dryer softener sheet on your skin.
DEET does not work for me at all. Four of us had packed in to a first layover on a week long packing trip and set up camp while being ravaged by mosquitoes. We used "Deep Woods Off" which was the highest concentration of DEET we could get at the time. We built a smokey fire and they flew through the fire to get us. When we were done with camp we retreated to our tents and the tents literally darkened due to the sheer number of mosquitoes that landed on them. I had a pair of jeans on (levi's) and over them I had the "mosquito proof" fatigue pants on. I got 27 bites to just one thigh and we were covered in bites. All four of us decided that when we broke camp we were getting out of there. On the way out we did notice some bear scat but nothing was left of him I guess - ok they probably didn't eat the bear but they would have killed us.

Reactions: 9UC
#9 ·
The best mosquito repellent I have used is to rub a dryer softener sheet on your skin......
Yeah, been using that for several years. Discovered it also works on the flies the UP of Michigan. Rubbed down clothes and skin and keep one hanging out of back pocket.

Reactions: Rigged for Quiet
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.