Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I think the Republican party needs to be taken over by others, like minded to Trump etc. If we try to get a 3rd party in, what will it do? Ross Perot did it, and we lost an election due to many voting for him..
Trump has the pull to do it, but why not just take over the failing weak Republican party, and vote everyone out that is there now, like the Grahams etc.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I think the Republican party needs to be taken over by others, like minded to Trump etc. If we try to get a 3rd party in, what will it do? Ross Perot did it, and we lost an election due to many voting for him..
Trump has the pull to do it, but why not just take over the failing weak Republican party, and vote everyone out that is there now, like the Grahams etc.
You can't vote them out anymore. Voting doesn't matter, only counting matters.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Walked into a small independent gun store today and saw they had some .17 HMR 50 round (small plastic box)1 box limit. I tell them I'll take 1 box and whip out a $20. Cashier rings it up and says $51.79!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to pass on that one.
It is insane!

Dealers are still calling for my ammo, they don't understand NO.

They seem to think I am holding out for more money, I just will not sell.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
No, the idiots who vote gave them to us.

The believed the bullshit that he was going to start a war if elected.

They used the same scare tactics that they used on Barry Goldwater.
If perot had not run, Bush 1 would have easily won. With that said, Bush 1 was a pile of crap. Perot could have made a decent POTUS i guess.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Got rid of some 7.62×39 yesterday. 700 round spam can. I told them to make me an offer they thought was fair. $900 was the offer. I took it because I'm more than stocked on what I need and the $ will be used for other supplies that I do need. As ridiculous as that price may seem check GunBroker in a couple months and I'll bet that same can of ammo will be selling for around $1,400+. I did throw in some bulk .22lr also.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
It is insane!

Dealers are still calling for my ammo, they don't understand NO.

They seem to think I am holding out for more money, I just will not sell.
No upside to selling it. Who knows how long and dry it may be in the future? If there's none available at any price? I always bought when it was plentiful and on sale... I'm sure you did too. Used to buy 400 round cans of Federal 5.56 all day any day for $169 (and anything I bought in a can just got stored). Last price I saw was $525... yikes. And none in stock of course.

:armata_PDT_36:

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
When I was buying it when it was real cheap, I use to send my truck and an employee to pick up 10-20 K a trip.

We went directly to the wholesaler to get it, there was no rush to have it in hand, just part of business.

Some trips were to St. Albans VT., Metro Boston, Atlanta Ga., What and where, were pick up factors for quantities.

Even got from quite a bit from a wholesaler 35 miles away from me, until he was busted for importing FA AK's.

Those imports were in the hundreds, and were one of the factors in blocking guns and ammo from chinkland

They only found about 40% of them that were over the counter sales.

No I never saw any of them, but saw the crates.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Got rid of some 7.62×39 yesterday. 700 round spam can. I told them to make me an offer they thought was fair. $900 was the offer. I took it because I'm more than stocked on what I need and the $ will be used for other supplies that I do need. As ridiculous as that price may seem check GunBroker in a couple months and I'll bet that same can of ammo will be selling for around $1,400+. I did throw in some bulk .22lr also.
I stopped by a LGS about two weeks ago and they were selling 1k of Tula 7.62x39 for about $415. They had about 10 cases. They were also selling 200 rounds of 5.56 for $159 and had about 10 such in stock as well. I am thinking that maybe I should have bought a case of the Tula. Oh well.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
No upside to selling it. Who knows how long and dry it may be in the future? If there's none available at any price? I always bought when it was plentiful and on sale... I'm sure you did too. Used to buy 400 round cans of Federal 5.56 all day any day for $169 (and anything I bought in a can just got stored). Last price I saw was $525... yikes. And none in stock of course.

:armata_PDT_36:
I used to buy the 420 round Federal 5.56 cans in M193 for around $115 each from Palmetto State Armory. I should have bought more.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts