Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Biden has already promised to issue an EO in his first 100 days banning import of firearms OR ammo.
This country is going to be in for a shock when 50% or more of our ammo is no longer available.
Dam so 7.62x39, 7.62Nagant and 5.45x39 will be really hard to get unless American manufactures start producing more of it?

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
Dam so 7.62x39, 7.62Nagant and 5.45x39 will be really hard to get unless American manufactures start producing more of it?
Not only that, but a lot of common calibers are made by overseas firms.
Norma for the best hunting ammo made, Privi Partisan (PPU, Czech), Sellier and Bellot (EXCELLENT maker of a wide variety of cartridges), Wolf, Brown Bear, Silver Bear, Tula, Magtech (Brazil), Armscor (Phillipines), Augila (Mexico), Fiocchi (Italy), Lapua (Finland), Sig-Sauer (Germany), and more that I've no doubt forgotten.

I've got ammo made by everyone of those companies in my stock.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
What shortage? LOL

I'm fully stocked and also make my own. It may actually be "currency" in the future.

The only thing I was short on was 30-30 for my bday present but that has mostly been rectified (at $1.50/rd.. ouch).

As they say.. high and deep when ammo's cheap.. I took that to heart many years ago.

And yes, Biden threatened to ban import of ammo and guns. So did Obama.

I doubt he will do that but instead raise taxes through the roof on ammo and guns, domestic or imported.
Let's not forget it was Biden who brokered the 1994 "Assult Weapons" Ban. I think they are going to come after the guns hard.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just watching all this mess unfold. Did you not learn anything with Obama. They don't need gun control, just ammo control. If you read Biden's platform ammo records will be the law, along with ammo quotas. Biden will shut down through 30% tax all US arms manufacturers. The democrats plan to erase hunting and shooting sports from our heritage.

·
Super Moderator
2,854 Posts
GOAL is the Gun Owners Action League of Massachusetts. It is one of the NRA affiliated organizations. They do lobbying for us on Beacon Hill and have some training classes.

This article describes the situation the communist state of Massachusetts

===================
They Are Not Coming to Take Your Guns – It May be Worse Than That

Jim Wallace

How many times have Second Amendment civil rights proponents heard that over the years? One of the biggest fears of lawful gun owners is that they will have their property taken from, and they will be defenseless. Will it happen? Maybe that is not their plan at all, and that should be the most concerning thing! Why, you ask?

Over the last decade or so we have quietly witnessed what I truly believe to be a new strategy. Imagine the physical optics and the cost to force lawful citizens to line up and turn in their guns. It would be an enormous task and the fallout could be disastrous. A much more insidious plan is what Massachusetts has already begun to do.

In 2016, the Massachusetts Attorney General singlehandedly reinterpreted nearly two decades of established law. Literally overnight, she changed the so-called assault weapons laws to suit her own political purposes. The result was a complete ban on an untold number of firearms. At first people thought that the AG had grandfathered all previous transfers and ownership. GOAL had to inform them that they were incorrect. There was no grandfathering, the AG just chose not to prosecute at that time. That is when we coined the phrase, “Felons in Waiting”.

What had actually transpired is that anyone who had transferred/possessed one of the unknown guns since the 1998 law passed was now a Felon in Waiting. I actually ran into a few folks at a service station where I get my oil changed after the AG action. They were very concerned and asked if they should get rid of any guns that might fall under the new ruling. They were a little shocked when I told them it didn’t matter. That is because in the AG’s eyes they had already committed the crime. So even if they got rid of them, they were still Felons in Waiting.

In a similar fashion, bump stock devices were banned, but no one came around looking for them. The legislature simply made them illegal. So, anyone who still has one is now a Felon in Waiting.

What if the plan is not to go around confiscating our guns, but rather to turn a huge sector of our society into Felons in Waiting? Why is that so bad, or good for them, you might ask. Simple, what better way to silence and intimidate your political enemies by holding a felony charge over their heads. The prosecution of it would mean imprisonment and the loss of all of their civil rights, not just the Second Amendment. This strategy costs virtually nothing, they don’t have the optics of confiscation, and they can carefully select who they enforce it against to make an example.

Imagine a nation with a hundred million or more carrying over their heads the label of Felon in Waiting? So maybe they really aren’t coming to physically take our guns, but our liberty as a whole.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I'm from Michigan and all the ammo is sold out at most stores.
The only stores that have any ammo at all are shops that put a 1 box of ammo per day limit.
Even common hunting rifle ammo like 30-06 and 30-30 is sold out.
What's the ammo supply like where you all are from?

I heard it could 1-2 years for ammo stocks to come back.
But with Biden as president and the House/Senate democrat controlled I think it could be longer.
I kinda think common hunting rifle ammo like 30-06 and 30-30 will come back in stock faster than pistol and AR15 ammo.
What's your thoughts on that?

I have had a black powder muzzle loader for a few years and I have decided to get good with it.
I can still get powder, primers and sabots for it.
I been preaching for years target practice is wasteful.

·
Registered
154 Posts
There's plenty around here........ if you want to mortgage your house for a box of it.
I asked about large rifle primers at a local gunshop. He said yes I have some, what do you need? The primers were $80.00 per 1,000. What are you going to do? He had them. Nobody else did, I went to several LGSs and Sportsman's and hit the pawn shops. Nothing, zilch, Nada.

·
Registered
154 Posts
As was discussed in a thread a few weeks ago the ammo shortage is nation wide and has extended to primers for reloading. You can try gunbroker.com but be prepared to pay 3 x 4 times as much as you would have paid a year ago. @bigz1983
How much are they going for? Say 1,000 small rifle primers? Edited to add. I just looked on Gunbreaker....the same box of 1,000 primers that the dealer wanted $80.00 for is bid up to $355.00 with a day and a half to go.
500 primers (LR) are bid to $230.00. Dammit....I guess the $80.00 is a bargain.

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
just remember the silver lining.
When Bill Clinton's congress got the original assault weapons ban passed in 1992, in the 1994 election the Democrats were defeated in a bloodbath.
Giving us Newt Gingrich and both houses of congress.

·
Super Moderator
2,854 Posts
just remember the silver lining.
When Bill Clinton's congress got the original assault weapons ban passed in 1992, in the 1994 election the Democrats were defeated in a bloodbath.
Giving us Newt Gingrich and both houses of congress.
True enough. But in my mind, the Republican Party is dead. Many have shown their true colors and we are in the position we are now because they were more interested in their careers and comprise than doing what was right.

Yes, the RINO's may take back the house and even the senate in 22 but the damage will have been done. And personally, since they know how to cheat and ballot harvest, I'm skeptical of any RINO recovery.

·
Super Moderator
2,854 Posts
Well... if primers are that high, I better put them all in the safe.. I’m sitting on a gold mind. LOL

I reload... so as with ammo.. I stocked it high and deep when the price was cheap.

·
Super Moderator
2,854 Posts
How much are they going for? Say 1,000 small rifle primers? Edited to add. I just looked on Gunbreaker....the same box of 1,000 primers that the dealer wanted $80.00 for is bid up to $355.00 with a day and a half to go.
500 primers (LR) are bid to $230.00. Dammit....I guess the $80.00 is a bargain.
Ok.. so I kinda had a hard time believing those prices. So I check... HOLY COW. And they get the prices it seems. I shouldn't be, but I'm simply amazed.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Some just buy online and deal with shipping costs, unless a member of the store selling. Sometimes equates to free shipping no matter how many boxes.
Sportsmans store had ammo on the shelf 2 days ago here in North Charleston.
I think since Biden is going to be in, people arent out trying to buy anymore, j/k

Reactions: 65mustang

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
True enough. But in my mind, the Republican Party is dead. Many have shown their true colors and we are in the position we are now because they were more interested in their careers and comprise than doing what was right.

Yes, the RINO's may take back the house and even the senate in 22 but the damage will have been done. And personally, since they know how to cheat and ballot harvest, I'm skeptical of any RINO recovery.
The (R)'s are the only alternative to the communists.
Would I like to see a viable 3rd party that could actually win? You bet!
But that will never happen.

·
Super Moderator
2,854 Posts
True enough. But I’m of the belief, especially recently, that they aren’t much better than the D. I’ve always thought they were just differ t sides of the same coin.

And yeah a viable third party doesn’t exist... maybe in the future.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts