Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Michigan and all the ammo is sold out at most stores.
The only stores that have any ammo at all are shops that put a 1 box of ammo per day limit.
Even common hunting rifle ammo like 30-06 and 30-30 is sold out.
What's the ammo supply like where you all are from?

I heard it could 1-2 years for ammo stocks to come back.
But with Biden as president and the House/Senate democrat controlled I think it could be longer.
I kinda think common hunting rifle ammo like 30-06 and 30-30 will come back in stock faster than pistol and AR15 ammo.
What's your thoughts on that?

I have had a black powder muzzle loader for a few years and I have decided to get good with it.
I can still get powder, primers and sabots for it.

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
Just came back from Farm Systems and scored a couple boxes of .300 BLK. 24 bucks a box.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Stand by it won't be long you will not be allowed to buy it or the firearms.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
No ammo around here at all except for some obscure calibers that never sell anyways.

Wally World has none, has not sold guns since 1993 either.

I still get calls from dealers for ammo, none going out the door here.

I only go to one other place that sold ammo, sold, they have none either.

None of the dealers who come here have any, when they do get some it is only for sale with a gun.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Bought the last 2 boxes of 30-06 on the shelf when I saw them a few weeks ago.. $18/box. 38sp +p can still be found.. State online site has bunch of 223 and 308 for sale at high prices... 6.5 creedmor is what everyone is looking for I guess.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Stand by it won't be long you will not be allowed to buy it or the firearms.
Yes you will.

1. Submit to a psych eval.
2. Pay for test.
3. Wait for results.
4. Pay for permit to purchase a box of ammo.
5. Wait for permit.
6. Pay $200 fee to make the ammo 'safe' to purchase.
7. Wait for results of fee payment.
8. Go buy that box of ammo.
9. Register purchase of ammo at FFL.
10. Fill out paperwork required, asking for make, model and SN of firearm(s) ammo is intended for, and what your purpose of purchasing it is.
11. Wait for BATFE to show up at your door to knock it down and take all your guns they now know you have because you didn't cross a t or dot an i on one form.
12. Spend your end of days behind bars.

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
Bit the bullet (HA!) on 500 rounds .308 WIN Steel Case TulAmmmo a few weeks ago. Other than that, pretty slim
Biden has already promised to issue an EO in his first 100 days banning import of firearms OR ammo.
This country is going to be in for a shock when 50% or more of our ammo is no longer available.

·
Super Moderator
2,846 Posts
What shortage? LOL

I’m fully stocked and also make my own. It may actually be “currency” in the future.

The only thing I was short on was 30-30 for my bday present but that has mostly been rectified (at $1.50/rd.. ouch).

As they say.. high and deep when ammo’s cheap.. I took that to heart many years ago.

And yes, Biden threatened to ban import of ammo and guns. So did Obama.

I doubt he will do that but instead raise taxes through the roof on ammo and guns, domestic or imported.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
It's not a shortage when demand quadruples in 2 months. More like a sheep over population explosion and panic.

My bet is nearly all of the ammo sold in the last few months will never be used. It will rot in the basement do to improper storage or lost in the yard buried, what a waste.

·
Registered
415 Posts
no but I can get some two two sierra... I know it is not as potent but ... haha

1 - 20 of 87 Posts