Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I only wish that was an accurate analogy of the capabilities of North Korea.
They have a rocket that can launch a satellite into space - we call those ICBMs.
They currently have a range that puts the west coast of the USA mainland an easy target.
The reigning "ruler" is a puppet of the military and they would like nothing more than to hurt the USA.
A conventional nuclear attack would only affect a small area but ifthey decide to put the bomb in orbit and detonate it far outside the atmosphere the EMP from just one small bomb could wipe out a large area of the electrical grid, all semiconductor based electronics and the main generators and transformers in a wide area. Secondary and local transformers would also be taken out and we could not easily recover because there simply are not enough generators and transformers to replace the ones that are burned out. It would take years or even decades to repair the damage of just one such orbital burst.
I am duely concerned but not yet worried. China will not support North Korea's use of nuclear weapons and I believe that North Korea would be all alone in any actions taken against them.

·
Registered
492 Posts
We would booger them up in a short weekend. Hell we spent more time in Grenada. Shoot let me over there with my mini-14 and I shoot that little sawed off runt son of a b*tch right in his belly button. "Gangnam Style" Heck, I'll even do that silly little dance. That's right fellers. Punch is back and loaded for bear... I'm jus sayin'...

;p

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I hope your right about N.K, The problem is, their Chinese buddies, using them as some proxy antagonist, or is it all a false *** job ( who knows today, in this screwed up world) I do think that’s possible. They ( china, are moving and building up their troops at the boarder, with N.K After all China pretty much knows they are never going to get payback from the sates for all the cash they owe them, so who knows, I just fear for the everyday poor people who have **** all to do with this, just trying to live their lives! Nightmare situation will be if it all does kick off, and the States nukes N.K, China will respond in kind, real possibility ! And if Iran has it's head screwed on while you lot are battling China and N.K they will make their move, and possibly Russia too. Then everything is screwed. We are all going to go down! It’s then Good morning Apocalypse world ..

On top of all this we have the Famous middle east un-spring shit, that’s going to go turbo, sad to say in my eyes it’s all a ****ing great mess, and we are all in the middle of it all. Hooooo deep joy! I hope my last words will be **** THE BANKS!

·
Banned
1,895 Posts
I don't think the nuke thing is really that dangerous.. I think far more dangerous is them launching the fine grind into the atmosphere, under 10kg of their 45kg or so stockpile could poison the entire planet with plutonium. Poisoning a very large number of people. The atmospheric drift would hit north American in a couple days, and no amount of missile defence will protect American's from that, the contamination of their food and water supply. One plutonium bomb isn't a problem, but launching plutonium, bomb or not, into the atmosphere, now that is a danger.

You have probably heard of dirty uranium bombs.. a dirty plutonium release.. would poison a whole lot of the planet. If released properly it could be targeted to inundate north america and japan with radioactive particles. No need to even build a nuclear bomb... the element itself is lethal without an explosion.

http://www.clarku.edu/departments/marsh/projects/community/plutonium.pdf

Who cares if they have nukes the plutonium is more dangerous.

Really though they've been nice in doing underground testing.

·
Registered
492 Posts
hell we owe our yellow brothers so much money, its in their best interest to either stay out of it or lets us wipe them off the map. NK wants things to stay as they are so they can maintain the appearance of messing with the US. One false move and we can just drop a daisy cutter and make an instant airfield. Shoot if we plan it right we could get Dennis Rodman and that little runt at the same time. A twofer if you will... I'm jus sayin'

punch

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am so ****ing sick of us trying to save the world.

I feel sick when I think of those simple people stuck under the rule of crazy rulers, but they are going to need to create their own revolution. We can't do it for them.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I wonder how much food, oil and cash we end up giving them this time to quiet down.
You wait it is coming,

Reactions: shotlady and Bailey

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wonder how much food, oil and cash we end up giving them this time to quiet down.
You wait it is coming,
Ok i'm a Brit so you could say it's none of my business but i think if things do kick off and the shit really do hit the fan we all know England will be right by your side.
I think Punch is right we owe China too much money so there's no way they would side with NK.

And i think Smitty901 has hit the nail on the head i think this is all about getting American aid it doesn't matter to chow ling young fat or whatever his name is how many of his people die he just thinks if he starts trouble with you folks he will end up better off.
That's my humble opinion for what it's worth.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I hate to be the busting this bubble as they are only capable of being a treat to their neighbors including China. First they have a bomb, but not one small enough to mount on a rocket. Now last I heard just today by an expert in this field it will take them a good 5 years to do that if they even could get the technology.

·
Super Moderator
9,191 Posts
Of course there is no way the idiots in NK could smuggle a big giant nuke into this country and put it into a semi-trailer and park it outside 1600 Penn. Or could they???

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lets let the Chinese fight them this time, they have more troops that we do at this time. Otherwise that 10 will another 10 year war with no winner.
China won't do it. They are in a unique situation with NK. They do a lot of business with them and because of it they seem to forgive their dumb ass leader in a lot of situations. China will sit this one out unless Kerry convinces them it would be in their interest to help out during his trip over there. I won't be holding my breath on that one.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
If NK wanted to nuke America the easiest way would be to use one of their subs to deposit a nuke bomb on the seabed a few miles offshore of LA or Frisco etc on a time fuse, then skedaddle lettng the blast, radiation and tsunami clobber the city..

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
From what the news likes to report this Kim Jong-un new boy-leader of North Korea, is somewhat of a pamper kid. Hopefully, the real decision-makers are a little wiser, and are just letting Kim Jong play bad azz, and if/when it really comes down to anything crazy, they'll find a way to stop him....hopefully.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If NK wanted to nuke America the easiest way would be to use one of their subs to deposit a nuke bomb on the seabed a few miles offshore of LA or Frisco etc on a time fuse, then skedaddle lettng the blast, radiation and tsunami clobber the city..

I just hope your so right! Reality is NOT a PS3 game N.K.

Ha, thats an idea, maybe we could fight all wars like this in the future, China V USA, on a P.S3 round 1, 2, and 3. iran V USA/ NATO. it'a a plan it could work. ::rambo::

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.