Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on Police One and thought I would share because it seems so many people have misconceptions about what law enforcement can and can't do. Please add only factual information.

20 misconceptions TV taught us about police

20 misconceptions TV taught us about police:

TV cops always answer the phone by speaking their last names, and nothing else. They seldom say, "goodbye" or anything customary at the end of the call. They just hang up. I've never known a real person to do this.
A person's complete pedigree can be obtained by typing only their name into a police computer. Even if your name is Aloysius Dingleberry, there is probably more than one person with that name. If the name is something more common, like "Joe Brown," there will be thousands.
TV computer hackers, especially those employed by the police, can instantly tap into any video feed, satellite imagery, internal database, or record ever created by man, even though the record exists only on paper and has never been digitized.
TV cops involved in deadly force incidents immediately return to duty, often without so much as filing a report.
Many TV cops carry their sidearms without a round chambered, so they can draw the gun and dramatically rack the slide immediately before entering a dangerous situation.
TV cops can transfer between law enforcement agencies totally unrelated to one another (e.g. Atlanta PD to NYPD) and pick up their careers where they left off, usually starting as detectives on their first day.
Cop show bombs always have large digital displays showing exactly when the bomb will go off, and exposed lights so the viewer will know the device is a bomb and that it's activated. No one ever sees these lights until they go looking specifically for them.
People without any apparent source of regular income have access to a steady stream of military-grade firearms, electronics, and explosives.
Rookies will be involved in a shooting on their very first day. Experienced cops will get shot no more than three days from their planned retirement date.
You can be knocked unconscious from a blow to the head with a gun or other heavy object, and suffer no more than a bruise and a headache.
Unless the show is about a federal agent, federal agents all wear expensive suits and are pompous, incompetent [expletive].
TV cops, especially women, can carry and conceal large handguns, extra magazines, handcuffs and badges under the most fashionable outfits, and you will never see them until the moment before they haul them out.
One TV cop can tell another to obtain a search warrant, even though the cop doing the procurement knows little about the premises to be searched and cannot serve as the affiant for the warrant. The process typically takes about 20 minutes.
Women married to TV cops are especially prone to being killed by vengeful criminals or drunk drivers.
Cars involved in TV accidents often fly through the air for no apparent reason before crashing, then explode spontaneously.
Every TV law enforcement agency has at least one "safe house" ready at all times.
Sheet metal ventilation ducts are strong enough to support the weight of a large man crawling through them, are completely unobstructed by fans or baffles, and are accessible by grilles that are easily removed without tools. This is true even in secure holding facilities.
A TV cop can be shot or stabbed repeatedly and still be fully functional, but he will cry out loud when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
TV cops always find parking immediately available just outside the entrance of whatever building they are visiting.
Any TV cop can pick a lock with no more than a bent paperclip.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Phone calls from police stations are confidential
Police are expert shots who never hit innocent bystanders
Police are sent into prisons undercover and no one recognizes them
Police who are wrongfully accused go to prison but stay in General Population defending themselves with superb martial arts skills

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Wah, you mean to say that none of that stuff is real?.joe citizen has been had all these years I guess!.:cry:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My favorites are:

Being shot in pretty much any part of the body is instantly 100% lethal unless your a main character (Lets all hope we're main characters in life's story!) :D

Even better? Popping off a dozen rounds from a .357 revolver inside a building and nobody seems bothered by the noise. Or that the other guy has a 12 round revolver!

Most important TV lesson of all! If Kirk and Spock ever hand you a red shirt and invite you along for a trip off the ship... Three go out, but only two are coming back!

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
TV makes good drama, very little of which is plausible. But, I used to love to watch Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue, NCIS and The Unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello i found new service in PPD.
Get paid on each download same prices as in sharecash.org and another survey file hostings.
10% REFERAL BONUS!
Payments minimum 10$ paying paypal,payza,moneybookers,webmoney(webmoney if summ is less than 100$ and need to ask support before it) Paypal and moneybookers always!

For US ips average $ per download is 60cents!
register today and earn money!
MAKE MONEY UPLOADING FILES - Register
if got question pm

FIRST 10 people from this forum who register under me guaranteed first cashout speed 14 days and 1$ extra bonus in cashout!

non ref link:
MAKE MONEY UPLOADING FILES - Home Page

payment proof:
if its wrong category moderator please move thnx.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
A cop moving rapidly and armed with a pistol can easily take out 3 or 4 stationary snipers at extreme range.

The Bruce Willis laws require all cops to deliver cheesy "hard guy" lines before "unleashing a hurt storm on the perps."

Police are trained to instantly recognize disguised bad guys, even if they are in a crowd of ordinary people.

All police departments are authorized unlimited overtime and commonly work 48 hours straight on their investigations. This is aided by 20 cups of Super Cop Coffee, which never makes you pee.

Reactions: Meangreen

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Police along with DA's seek justice, Ok that must have been on tv.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello i found new service in ppd.
Get paid on each download same prices as in sharecash.org and another survey file hostings.
10% referal bonus!
Payments minimum 10$ paying paypal,payza,moneybookers,webmoney(webmoney if summ is less than 100$ and need to ask support before it) paypal and moneybookers always!

For us ips average $ per download is 60cents!
Register today and earn money!
make money uploading files - register
if got question pm

first 10 people from this forum who register under me guaranteed first cashout speed 14 days and 1$ extra bonus in cashout!

Non ref link:
make money uploading files - home page

payment proof:
If its wrong category moderator please move thnx.
**** off

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
See brother, we think exactly alike! I was going to reply with the same thing. Way to steal my thunder though. You're being insensitive again...:grin:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
all cops can shoot a turd off a gnats ass at 100 yrds with a pistol but couldnt hit a barn with a rifle if they were inside in it
all semi autos when empty with the slide locked back still continue to click when the trigger is pulled
all cops have a secret stash of Mil grade explosives
all cops wear a six shot 44 mag in a shoulder rig that never needs reloading
all cops have access to mil hardware like shoulder fired anti tank weapons
all cops have supercharged hot rod cars that the supercharger is activated by a switch or Nos
all cops never ever shoot innocent bystanders or run over innocent bystanders in a police chase
all cops have super ninja martial arts skills
all cop cars can jump hundreds of feet without an damage on landing
all cop helicopters can be shot down with a revolver
all cop cars shot in cop show blow up
To all the guys in blue this is the hollywood / hollyweed version of life (thanks for your service)

Reactions: Meangreen

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
WHAT? I thought "all officers" of the law were binge drinkers and "all upper level" superiors tell everyone in the office that they want to see you in his office.
Having the little experience I have with the police, almost every single meeting has been "by the book". Probably 30 or less encounters in almost 39 years.
MeanGreen, notice I "all".
It takes a real hero to get up everyday and go do a job everybody wants to critque, but nobody wants to do. When I told my fiance about the "sheriff reserve" I want to Join, she was all in, and wants to join also. Some co-workers were like "hell NO, I wouldn't do that job for no pay!" Do I wanna be hero? No, its just like when I was a volunteer firefighter, Its something I feel like I could do, and help with, and it will make me a better person-hopefully.
I know, I have said it-when seconds count, the police are only minutes away- But can you just imagine the world today, if criminals had no fear becouse there were no police?

·
Super Moderator
9,244 Posts
WHAT? I thought "all officers" of the law were binge drinkers and "all upper level" superiors tell everyone in the office that they want to see you in his office.
Having the little experience I have with the police, almost every single meeting has been "by the book". Probably 30 or less encounters in almost 39 years.
It takes a real hero to get up everyday and go do a job everybody wants to critque, but nobody wants to do. When I told my fiance about the "sheriff reserve" I want to Join, she was all in, and wants to join also. Some co-workers were like "hell NO, I wouldn't do that job for no pay!" Do I wanna be hero? No, its just like when I was a volunteer firefighter, Its something I feel like I could do, and help with, and it will make me a better person-hopefully.
I know, I have said it-when seconds count, the police are only minutes away- But can you just imagine the world today, if criminals had no fear becouse there were no police?
I was thinking pretty much the same thing recently when one of our more liberal members were calling the police pigs. My 1st thought was he would probably be one of the 1st to be screaming like a baby in a world without the police. Just imagine a world where a criminal faced little to no opposition. Armed and trained LEO's and the possibility of encountering an armed citizen help keep crime down.

The possibility of encountering armed citizens kept the Japanese from invading the US. ::rambo::

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
You are crazier than me! Running into a fire when everyone else is running away! You my friend are a hero and know exactly why your brother does what no one else wants to do but a sure happy to talk smack about it. Thank you for your service!

Unfortunately you're right about the binge drinking. Law enforcement have the highest levels of suicide and alcoholism. Everyone deals with the stress differently. We are trying to change that with programs to help our fellow officers and agents.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I was thinking pretty much the same thing recently when one of our more liberal members were calling the police pigs. My 1st thought was he would probably be one of the 1st to be screaming like a baby in a world without the police. Just imagine a world where a criminal faced little to no opposition. Armed and trained LEO's and the possibility of encountering an armed citizen help keep crime down.

The possibility of encountering armed citizens kept the Japanese from invading the US. ::rambo::
Law enforcements best friend is a armed citizen. An armed citizen is your backup when there is no other, the armed citizen has the situation under control when you arrive. A armed citizen can and will save your life and they have just as much authority to be armed as you do. I hammered this home when I was an instructor at the academy. There are countless stories of citizens saving the lives of law enforcement officers but it will hardly ever make the news.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts