Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something to think about. If a pandemic breaks out it will start something like this.

Mystery illness claims 4 lives in Montgomery County | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth
"MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Texas -- Officials with the Montgomery County Health Department are on a mission to find out more about a mystery flu-like illness.
So far, half of the people who have come down with it have died.
According to the health department, all of the patients have had flu-like and/or pneumonia like symptoms. However, all of them have tested negative for the flu.
There have been eight confirmed patients ranging in age from 41 to 68. Four of those patients have died."

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Shit.

I just came down with a sickness 2 days ago. No fever, but headache, sore throat, hacking up white/yellow tar, no appetite, can't focus.

I'll get better though. Just gotta have one free nostril haha. It they would stop playing musical nostril, maybe I can get some sleep. I don't mouth breathe very well.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Every pandemic starts with the first victim. Definitely something to keep an eye out for, but since I've never been to Texas (my loss) I think I'll be O.K. for now.

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Bad bug going around Houston. I picked my daughter up from school this morning. Vomiting and 102.5 fever. Took her to docs and they tested her for strep and flu. Negative. He felt it was a bad bacterial infection but that I need to watch her close. She's 12. Found out her step sister is just getting over something similar. She's in her mid 20's. Hours later and she's sleeping and seems to be doing better.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Pirate, hope your daughters get better soon.

Bugs scare the hell out of me. It's probably #1 on my list of things that will start the SHTF event. If a pandemic ever really takes hold in the U.S., one of the first steps the gov't is going to take is to shut down all travel in an attempt to slow the spread and localize the infected area. Y'all can wargame it from there.

I don't know that they have a plan that really is workable in today's environment, and if it doesn't, we are all in for a world full of hurt. Because what is going to be left is probably worse than any of us really imagined. And don't worry about the Chinese, they'll have their hand full too. Now, the Canadians, you might want to watch them, they're sneaky...lol

·
Registered
24,528 Posts
Pirate, hope your daughters get better soon.

Bugs scare the hell out of me. It's probably #1 on my list of things that will start the SHTF event. If a pandemic ever really takes hold in the U.S., one of the first steps the gov't is going to take is to shut down all travel in an attempt to slow the spread and localize the infected area. Y'all can wargame it from there.

I don't know that they have a plan that really is workable in today's environment, and if it doesn't, we are all in for a world full of hurt. Because what is going to be left is probably worse than any of us really imagined. And don't worry about the Chinese, they'll have their hand full too. Now, the Canadians, you might want to watch them, they're sneaky...lol
Bugs don't scare me as much as the idiots who spread them by not taking proper precautions. I was sick for two weeks, last month. I am sure I picked it up from one of the retards at work.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What concerns me about this is that they still don't know what the illness is. Sounds like the beginning of a sci-fi movie.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
How many of those dead people are coming up missing? :)

Well, we are going to have to watch this one if 140 died today and the death toll keeps climbing it could be the start of a big problem.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Don't a 150 die ever day? Wasn't that "Roys" point?

Its not something I'd make light of, if people die of an ailment and no one can stop it. I wonder how the word of it would get out?

·
Registered
686 Posts
If it's that bad, we all gonna have to take precautions.

That is the problem with virals in todays world. They can spread faster than the internet.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I was under the impression that the illness killed the 140 people. If that is just the daily death rate from all causes and only four have died from this illness then until it changes there is little need for alarm.

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
It's h1n1. What concerns me that they didn't diagnosmitnuntilmthe person was dead. The initial screening missed it. I understand they are retesting.

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Bugs don't scare me as much as the idiots who spread them by not taking proper precautions. I was sick for two weeks, last month. I am sure I picked it up from one of the retards at work.
Yup, need to take precautions.

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Daughter is much better today, relatively. Fever broke last night and puking stopped. Pure recovery mode now. Fluids and rest. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. And yea, knock on wood I don't get it. I took precautions but you never know.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What is troubling is first, it's happened inside the U.S. and secondly, it has a 50% fatality rate. Is it something that we should we terrified of and lock ourselves in our homes? No. Is it or another incident like it something we should keep a close eye on? Yes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts