Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good source for mylar bags that sells a decent variety but doesn't require buying hundreds at a time? I need mostly quart, gallon, and 5 gallon.

·
9,014 Posts
Try this site, I've had good luck with there products and you can buy 1 or 10000.
www.usaemergencysupply.com
If You're going the 5 gallon pail route with the the bags, check with your local bakery for pails from frosting, etc. I pay $0.50 or so with a lid, but make sure the lids fit. My first batch, only half were the right lids for the pails.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The two vendors recommended so far seem a little pricey.
I',m Looking for high quality mylar bags with high quality O2 eaters and reasonably priced.

Who do you recommend, and why?
Who would you recommend avoiding, and why?

How about:
Mylar Bag/Oxygen Absorber Combo Kits - Discount Mylar Bags
Vacuum Seal Rolls, Vacuum Seal Bags, Mylar Bags, Oxygen Absorbers - Mylar Bag / O2 Absorber Combo's

The main difference seems to be the thickness of the bag. Can't say that for long term storage a 3.5mil bag is any worse than a 5 mil bag. Any one have experience with thickness issues?

Without the feedback from others that have used each long term, it seems to be a purchase based on faith/hope.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I second www.usaemergencysupply.com

I recently purchased some gallon and half gallon bags along with O2 absorbers. I did like the ability to order the number you need, not in lots of 10 or 1,000. The shipping was a couple days later than they had promised buuut hell I really cant complain about that I'll continue to use them when I order more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have used both and they both seem to be working out well. It just depends on the quantity of product you're wanting to seal and how much you would be using at a time. I purchased the bags with the Ziploc reseal top which will be handy on the larger gallon bags so we can seal them up if we don't use everything inside initially.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which sized bags do you find most useful?
For us the quart and gallon bags are the most useful. I prefer storing large quantities in gallon bags so it can be broken up into smaller amounts.

The only draw back to 5 gallon bags is having to either use it or lose or face having to constantly reseal the bags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts