Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out yesterday and picked up a Mossberg M590A1. Love this gun. It handles extremely well.

Reactions: 71Chevrolet

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I have a Mossberg 500. Extended magazine tube, side saddle, surefire light and a Blackhawk sling full of 00 buck. If something goes bump in the night it is the first thing I'm grabbing. Great choice!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Where is the safety. I'm left handed and my Stevens is on the back of the trigger guard. When shooting a lot my trigger finger gets ripped up because fire extends the button to the left side.

I'm tempted to give it away just to have an excuse to replace it.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Bummer. No bayonet lug.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
On top of the receiver like the 500. I'll be glad to take that Stevens off your hands for ya. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where is the safety. I'm left handed and my Stevens is on the back of the trigger guard. When shooting a lot my trigger finger gets ripped up because fire extends the button to the left side.

I'm tempted to give it away just to have an excuse to replace it.
I'm left handed also and this is just one of the reasons I went with the Mossberg, the safety is on top of the receiver and easily actuated with your thumb.

Bummer. No bayonet lug.
The bayonet lug is only on the 20" 9 shot versions.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
A good ole shotgun is still a force to be reckoned with. Picking up some slugs and getting good at shooting out to 50 to a 100 yards will seriously extend your range from 00 buck. Mounting an Aimpoint on top will seriously help do it and making those targets that go bump in the night much easier to hit too. Congrats on the new shotgun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts