Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We as a family were going to return to the states from the UK and set ourselves up for a self sufficient life. So we bought a piece of land that provided the best potential for this. Due to health reasons we are unable to do this now and have put the land on the market for sale.

It took me a year of careful searching to find this property. It has everything needed to set-up a place where you can take care of your and your own and not worry about the rest of the world.

Here is the info for the property.

It is on a county maintained road.

This property is in reality a bit of perfection. In the back of the property there is a waterway that offers fishing. Between this and the bulk of the property running almost north and south is a ridge that is 35 feet or so high with hardwood growth that is well on its way to maturity. In the center north portion of the property there is a hill top that is formed with a good base of natural stone. There is a very unique feature of a natural ring of trees. Options for recreational land, a small camp, or spot to build your dream home with an outdoor paradise out the back door!

Location = 44.404829, -75.308597

Price $65,000

This is the perfect off-grid survivalist property.

You can see pics at -

https://plus.google.com/photos/1058...s/5758028882437520257?authkey=CI7qjuWriteO2AE

Contact our Realtor below for purchase info.

It is the Finch Property and the MLS number is S275076

You can search for the listing at

Jefferson-Lewis Board of REALTORS®

Chris Andiorio
Licensed RE Associate Broker
Elliott Realty Inc.
642 Coffeen St.
Watertown, NY 13601

315-727-2154 Direct
315-788-5270 Fax
[email protected]
Elliott Realty - "A Name to Remember, Experience You Can Trust." -

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Dude I would make an offer but it's in NY state like on the other end of the east coast. That is nice

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is incredible. This post has sort of rocked my boat a little. I can definitely vouch for that area being perfect for OTG living. I grew up in Richville, NY (zip 13681) about 5-6 miles from the location of that property… I kid you not. We used to swim and fish in the rock quarry at the corner of the Davis and Boland Rd (50 years ago). That land is on a side road, off a side road, off a side road.

My family and I were up there this Spring visiting other family and that area is still like a 1950’s time capsule. There isn’t much money in circulation up there, but if you like heating with wood, growing things, hunting and fishing out your back door and raising kids where they’re free to roam fields and woods, it would be hard to pick a better location. I have enough memories from growing up in that immediate area to fill a book and from what I saw a few months ago, not much has changed.

I have to make one small correction. That is not ‘Upstate new York’, that is ‘Northern New York’. Upstate is the Albany area. Northern New York is Watertown and north to the Canadian border. The difference in ‘backwoods factor’ is significant.

Whew... small world.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya,

Thanks for the replies so far. There is no missing zero in the price. I am asking $65k for the property.

AnvilIron - wow, as you say it is a small world. Thank you for the correction. It is in Northern New York.

We spent a year looking before we found this property. It is as close to perfect as you can get for a self sufficient lifestyle.

We hate to abandon our plans to return to the property, yet with thw wifes health now. We are stuck with having to come up with a better plan.

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
115 Posts
Damn if I could I would. Born on long island now in jersey but upstate ny is a world of its own. Pure country with good weather n lots of nature. Used to go upstate ny just for the great scenery n abundance of nature.
As I said damn its sooo tempting, but kids n grandkids in nj.
U won't have to wait long, this is truly a piece of heaven. U did good
Good luck to u.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Considering the latest gun bans is there any reason to want to be in NY?

·
Registered
6 Posts
the winters tend to be brutal that far north doesn't it? also, what's the growing season like? if you're going OTG, you're going to need to set it up with some type of greenhouse to extend your season a bit.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I realize most of New York is fairly rural but being 95 miles from NYC is a nightmare, kudo's for leaving.

Reactions: Faine

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hahahahaha this is like 20 minutes from my home town, I never thought of it as being "off the grid" I'll ask some of my family and see if it is something they would be interested in.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Beautiful area and country side. Only one problem. It's in New York State.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Nice looking piece of property. I'm sure it will sell quickly. I mean, compared to the prices for land here, that's a steal! The last time I saw prices per acre like that, it was in the middle of nowhere South-Central Oregon without so much as a tree. Sorry to see you have to sell it and I wish you well with your medical issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts