Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ummm... I'm not trying to sound rude... but is there a point to this post? Were you wanting to start a buggin' in discussion, have someone try to evaluate risks still remaining (like no cameras on the sides..., or questioning where the camera feeds are..., or asking about access/egress to the basement.... ). Or... since you mentioned you are fully stocked, did you want to share your address so we know where to shop for supplies after SHTF? :) Just trying to figure this one out.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Lemme see what we have here. You live somewhere in New Jersey near the NJ Shore. You have a house that has a basement, which is where everyone and their cousins all store their extra food. You have cameras in the front and back of your house. You equate a basement with a wooden (as in flammable) ceiling with a bunker. Gun control state. Wannabe and real thugs.

Security assessment = you will be able to sit in your basement next to your food and watch the looters come swarming in unopposed into your house upstairs. Or they will see your cameras, disable them or aim them at the sky with a tree branch, and you will be a sitting duck staring at a blank screen with a nice view of the stars or clouds, waiting to be overwhelmed. Rethink time.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
ask and you shall revieve :)
i found in my business and in my life a while back i never asked specific questions and never got specific answers. i also never noted whats inportant to me to refine my search for answers and kinda just groped a round in the dark all frustrated. i started with my end goal what do i think it should be and starte dasking questions how to get there and what other things i should consider...

what are your goals for your basesment. what purpose would you like it to serve for you? where are you at now with your basement transformation in reference to your goal ?
have you gone on youtube to look at videos of other peoples basements to start forming an endresult youd like to see in your place?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@ShotLady....Goals are just to have suffient food stored and to be safe for storms etc...Basement is in great shape. Got all new drains put in incase of water flood.All new brick walls, and all new shelves for storage up. Also have my security tv downthere. Yes i looked at youtube i learned some stuff. Sometimes i feel very over welmed.lol

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
yes its easy to feel this way. what are your questions- if you dont ask the questions- you cant get answers.
have you started putting canned foods out, maybe some things youll need for yer youngster? is it water proofed or damp?? that will determin what and how you stow preps.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Lemme see what we have here. You live somewhere in New Jersey near the NJ Shore. You have a house that has a basement, which is where everyone and their cousins all store their extra food. You have cameras in the front and back of your house. You equate a basement with a wooden (as in flammable) ceiling with a bunker. Gun control state. Wannabe and real thugs.

Security assessment = you will be able to sit in your basement next to your food and watch the looters come swarming in unopposed into your house upstairs. Or they will see your cameras, disable them or aim them at the sky with a tree branch, and you will be a sitting duck staring at a blank screen with a nice view of the stars or clouds, waiting to be overwhelmed. Rethink time.
And the molotovs.....
but the fire sprinklers will extinguish those.....
the mine field will deteriorate foot traffic threats....
the drones.....controlled by the laptop [isolated] will
seek and nullify any aerial advancement.....

·
Registered
280 Posts
I gotta 60 story underground bunker with a 25 year supply of food and 50 exotic dancers all under 21 that want to keep me company and worship me.....My camera is broke

DUH!
But by the time you will need to retreat to your bunker.....
the ladies will be much, much older......and have formed a coalition
of their own......with demands that you will not be able to meet !!!!!
Cougars are HELL on an old man......I don't see 'survival' in your future !! :):):)
[I'm friggin' kiddin']

·
Registered
887 Posts
Best way Ive heard explained about food/supply prepping is start with 3day supply/14 day supply/30 day supply/3 month....etc. Having a rounded supply at each stage is crucial for Bugging In. As in what good is it have 2 years of food and toothpaste if you only have 3 days of water. Of course theres no absolutes but thats what I use when I "shop".

·
Registered
280 Posts
@ ozo ...come on man..lol.... just questions man lol
I'm just funnin' Brother........

This is a hard theater to play.....
We have a cat posted directly outside each
and every birdhouse here !!!!

You know how forums are these days.....
You say 'good morning'......you get immediately
SLAMMED with 100 "WTF, DUDE, you think I said it was a bad morning?"

Take it in stride....and don't give up.....
ONLY your continued participation will show the true colors
of who you are......so keep posting.....AND......
word of advice from a senile old fart.......
[that shotlady mentioned adopting, then quieted down]

It's not what you say.....it's how you say it.

P.S. You are already safe to some degree......:)
you have 57 posts.......and you haven't tried to sell 'nobody nothin' :):):)

Don't pay any attention to some of the replies to your 'bunker'......
they are cranky old farts....and their wives won't let them have
any of her tampons for their own bug out bags......they are just pissed
that 'she' is still in control. :):)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a head cold today. Hope I'm not getting the flu....
Don't speak it into existence........[you hijacked the tread] :)....:).....:)

You obviously aren't eating enough raw garlic and onion.....

Take a high-herbal enema...as hot as can be borne......---Jethro Kloss MD

Speaking of such.....
a must have book for survivalists......Back To Eden-Jethro Kloss
and the Foxfire books

1 - 20 of 37 Posts