Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know MRE's are a good tool to throw in your preps, but I don't have any real experience with them, soooooooo

I was wondering what people use for MRE's, brand and most importantly what ones have good taste! I don't want to waste a bunch of money getting every single one and finding out I dislike half of them, this way I can get ideas for what I want to try.

Also this could just serve as a general MRE discussion. Some people make their own, if you do what do you put in yours? What is your caloric content/protien content?

I'm thirsty for info my friends!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'll get a pantry set up, but I want stuff for my BOBs, stuff that is slim light weight and such...

Mountain houses are expensive.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't plan on Bugging out, but if I have to evac the house because I'm out numbered and such and have to keep watch on it in the sticks until the persons leave, I need to be stealthy.

That's why I got the multicam Voodoo Matrix. Plus with the MRE's that are dry, you can store a lot of them/hide them in tighter spots compared to a can. I will have cans of food too, but just want to know MRE info because they aren't cheap and I'm not going to want to buy a bunch of them to sample.

I would get on cheaperthandirt. but I really like to buy local and keep my money in my community if I have the option.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have thought about creating my own but with my current living situation that is just not feasible.
Good info though.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I live with my parents and have no room to store anything. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.