Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Get a bunch of Chef Boyrdee (mispelled?) and throw them in. Right now I have been seeing the commercials playing all the time. Why? Because Chef Boyrdee meals were the first things that were in original MRE's and right now times are hard, thus they are at a dollar.

Get some local grown honey (not processed) and that will last you a lifetime. Peanut butter is getting very expensive, but has tons of calories. I've seen somewhere where you can buy just items from MRE's like mad-max said. I guess the makers of the products have left overs and dump them to the retailers. Personally I wouldn't pay $7 for one or whatever they are running now, since half the stuff I dont like. Also, I can gain more calories in $7 worth of something that I know I'll eat than a MRE. With a mre, I wouldn't eat that everyday but the ravolis I will, which makes it easier for me to rotate them through my inventory after a few years. Buy one, eat one, thats my rule.

Store what you eat, eat what you store.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
acidlittle said:
Yeah, I'll get a pantry set up, but I want stuff for my BOBs, stuff that is slim light weight and such...

Mountain houses are expensive.
Good point. I guess that figures a person if they are going to bug out vs bug in. You can't carry a years supply on your back if your bugging out.

I know that wise foods has a 15year shelf life on them.

x2 on the mountain house, stuff like that is very expensive. Lets hope nothing happens this year so they prices will come down.

Something to note, a person can live up to 2 weeks without food. Only a couple of days without water.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Here are some thoughts about storage, which seems to be a huge issue with a lot of folks.

1. Store some items in the attic
2. Store items in the crawl space of the home.
3. Rent a $15/month storage unit
4. Store some items in your trunk of your car.
5. Store some items in multiple go bags and put them in your car.
6. Store some items at work.
7. Store some items at your friends home or families.
8. Burry some items (like below).

[attachment=0:2eurlkbz]burial tube.jpg[/attachment:2eurlkbz]

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.