Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Vote is for Legs, Lungs and eyes. (heart is a given) Without legs you can't run, without lungs you can run long, without eyes you cant see where you are running!

Thinking of saving up for some lazex.
I do go to the gym 2-3 times a week and work my legs out, but man my lungs need some exercise!!

Ok what are some other opinions?

Reactions: shotlady

·
Registered
640 Posts
Feet... everything starts with the feet. In our dojo... we always start with the feet... since your body balances on them... and any injury to the feet affects balance, speed, coordination, etc...

·
Super Moderator
2,918 Posts
The brain said I'm the most important since I control everything
The heart said it's the most important because without it pumping the brain would die
The stomach said it was the most important since without nourishment the heart won't pump and the brain will die

The asshole said that if I stop up, you all die.

·
Registered
103 Posts
your feet, learned that from full metal jacket.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
id bet yer feet. when i was a nurse i worke 2 full time jobs. my shoes were paramount. if my feet werent happy. i just couldnt do it.
live in tevas now and my feet are super happy.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I should think the brain is a pretty important tool..
I've never drank in my life, partly because I saw the way booze changed my old man into a prize nut, and secondly because I didn't like the taste.
Tried a few sips of different stuff in my early teens but it all tasted like cat pee.
A few naughty ladies have tried to get me drunk since then and i've gone along with it to be a good sport but didn't enjoy it because I couldn't think, so I was glad when I sobered up next day and got my brain back..;)

PS- i've never smoked either because the thought of inhaling filthy smoke revolts me, and i've never drugged because I'm too much of a strong-minded s.o.b. to need 'em.
I never married because I'm a lone wolf and couldn't bear the thought of being a tied-down "family man", and anyway they say marriage prematurely ages you!
My brother-in-law was a hard-drinking hard-smoking Hell's Angel and used to make fun of me with "Huh, you're not a real man if you don't smoke or drink!"
He died last year aged about 65 riddled with cancer but I'm still around, this is me pictured last year aged 63.
I'm not 100% fit though, i've got a weak left knee which is a legacy from my cycling days, lifelong weak eyesight, migraine attacks and tinnitus but I manage..:)

·
Registered
24,260 Posts
General Patton said to wash your feet before you brushed your teeth. You feet carry you into combat, not your teeth.

Over the top way of making his point, but his point was made.

A healthy lifestyle will put all the other things together, but specific attention to the feet when things go bad will keep you from becoming infirmed when you really need to be up and at'em.
Keep the feet clean, have proper fitting shoes (don't go breaking in new boots by running for your life in them) and have fresh socks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Aside from the vital organs you need to live, I think your feet are next, then teeth. I've always believed good hygiene and health starts in the mouth.

Liked your post very much Jim. Thanks for sharing.

I wish I could say I behaved myself in my younger years, but I didn't. I did it all and had a good time doing it up til my health started going downhill. I've been clean and sober for a decade now. And now that I have little ones and a husband in the picture there's no going back.

·
Registered
237 Posts
One part I can think of... prevents boredom, and will be needed to repopulate the earth. I think im going to invest in a ballistic jock strap. I already saw slash proof undies !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Teeth - tooth infection can kill you just as quick as blisters on your feet with a lot more pain.

I'm gonna have to include Feet in 2nd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Everyone has his own point of view and opinion regarding this topic.The heart said it's the most important because without it pumping the brain would die.The stomach said it was the most important since without nourishment the heart won't pump and the brain will die.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Extreme cold weather, it would be your extremities. (freeze from the out - in). Your body will try and lose what it can to keep what is important.
Combat - you can tie tourniquets, but you still need to perform. Tie the tourniquet on the joint, above the injury.

Note: Do not apply tourniquets around your neck

·
Registered
159 Posts
Brain, because with out it you cant do anything.
Feet, try walking/running with trench foot.
heart, you need a good heart but i think your walking is more important however you cant run without a good heart.
Balls, Sorry ladys i dont know if your body works the same but when im in the bush and my man zone isnt dry all that rubbing will make you want to not move or do anything, thats why i always pack way more than enough underwear!

Im probably %100 right with my opinions but i do belive that these things mentioned are very important.

·
Registered
280 Posts
What good is one part....without the other ?

Hambone connected to the........

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's the body as a whole. If all parts are not working together, problems will arise. Diet is a big part. I suggest looking into the Paleo diet. It has worked for me. The big problem is sugar, high fructose corn syrup, etc...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts