Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
You are right p-mama. Feed prices have doubled, so now all the farmers are selling all of their live stock except their seed stock. Meat prices will probably get real cheap over the next couple of months as they can't afford to feed them, then sky rocket over the next year or two. I am thinking about buying a freezer chest. I believe the savings will pay for the chest. I just have no where to put it. I may throw a nice cloth over it and use it for the TV stand.

·
Registered
7,941 Posts
You are right p-mama. Feed prices have doubled, so now all the farmers are selling all of their live stock except their seed stock. Meat prices will probably get real cheap over the next couple of months as they can't afford to feed them, then sky rocket over the next year or two. I am thinking about buying a freezer chest. I believe the savings will pay for the chest. I just have no where to put it. I may throw a nice cloth over it and use it for the TV stand.
It would be a good place to work on toys and preps, put a blanket down, then a piece of plywood down, instant work bench.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You just gave me an idea, I'll look at the space I have in my current tool shed and perhaps move the tools on the lower shelves to some new shelving that I could add above the chest. Thanks Aquahull!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not only are corn/soybean product prices going to soar, but meat will too and you are definitely right about the delayed impact we will see on meat prices. If I could make a suggestion - get chest freezer and not an upright. It gets colder and you can fit larger sized items in there more easily. I love the idea of letting it double as a workbench.

My pressure canner arrived yesterday and I am now buying a case of ball jars with my groceries every week and will be canning deals that I find along the way, meat,fruit, and veggie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts