Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Once you mix that stuff how long does it last? I thought once mixed it has a pretty short lifespan?

Hmm, I also wonder if you could set off via a fire cracker... ?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Fire,shinny chrome things, Stuff that blows up we are easily amused

Reactions: Inor and MrsInor

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
You can use these binary explosives in "any" amount as long as you are on your property and exercise "appropriate" safety.

Tannerite is one brand but there are others. The "explosions" are too slow to do much real destruction but they look cool!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I have tried several different types of exploding targets and these intrigues me because they claim that they can be set off with .22 rim fire. What usually sucks with these types of targets is you have to hit them with a very high velocity round and they still may not go off and all you’re left with is a mess. These targets are legal because it technically not an explosion. If you were to devise some sort of detonator, then you cross into the illegal gray area. I have to admit that I mixed a whole lot of this stuff together and got a really big bang. You can make your own by buying the first-aid freezer packs, removing the water pouch inside, and adding aluminum powder. The recipe is on YouTube.

·
Administrator
14,702 Posts
You can use these binary explosives in "any" amount as long as you are on your property and exercise "appropriate" safety.

Tannerite is one brand but there are others. The "explosions" are too slow to do much real destruction but they look cool!
I suffer from what the VA calls an exaggerated startle response (among other things). Unexpected loud noises and unexpected bright flashes of light shoot a jolt of adreneline straight into my heart and raise my stress hormones very high. Very high. When one of the Bubbas at the range uses that crap I have to leave before I shove a few pound up his butt and ignite it.
Not everybody uses Tannerite on their own property. There are some idiots around.
Y'all be careful who you set that stuff off around.
Just sayin'.

Reactions: Meangreen
1 - 7 of 7 Posts