Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me? I've seen lots of good first aid kit talked about over the years, but I don't seem to remember anyone listing mole skin for foot problems. Works great to prevent blisters, etc. if you're walking a long ways.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Oh yeah definitely Mole skin...But hey...whats the name of that liquid they would inject into a blister to get it taken care of quickly....I only knew it as "Liquid Hell" It honestly made me scream and cry like a 10 year old girl at a Beiber concert....Gawd that was painful....That condensed a week of blister pain into 5-8 seconds of total hell. But then it was all better...Or at least the normal pain of a blister was unnoticeable after that...

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Got mole skin in my first aid box. That stuff works!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Its in the home kit and the vehicles.although, I always thought that it must be pretty hard to skin a mole and get the adhesive on the back side.anybody know the process?...we have moles here.or would a vole work?....voleskin?........:eek:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've had this moleskin stuff in my first aid kits for years and years....and years. I've never had occasion to use it, though. But I'll keep it in there. ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Oh yeah definitely Mole skin...But hey...whats the name of that liquid they would inject into a blister to get it taken care of quickly....I only knew it as "Liquid Hell" It honestly made me scream and cry like a 10 year old girl at a Beiber concert....Gawd that was painful....That condensed a week of blister pain into 5-8 seconds of total hell. But then it was all better...Or at least the normal pain of a blister was unnoticeable after that...
That would be benzoin tincture its an antiseptic adhesive agent much like a thin version of New Skin by the way I LOVE NEW SKIN best bang for your buck 1oz of fluid gets you almost 144 square inches of coverage although unlike moleskin its fairly useless before you get the serous filled blister or blood filled your choice but I always used petroleum jelly to ease a developing blister

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I keep three packages of moleskin in my get home bag and I always carry one or two more in my suitcase when I travel for business. I love the stuff.

·
Super Moderator
9,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yah, me too. But I feel bad for all the little moles that give their lives for us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts