·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought the stack on 8gun safe for 129.00. DOJ approved

i modified it to hold 12 guns

4 rifles with scopes

and 8 hand guns.
(stickers pink - i put "i ride like a girl" on all my motorcycles to keep the guys from riding my stuff.
my trailer is pink and black too)

Anthony did this to his too but put in a rather cool lighting system and dehumidifier, which ill get this or next weekend.

Im not done yet, but with a drill and shelf pegs it took me about 50 minutes to get this far.

Ill also add another shelf to the top and can do 2 more pistols.

a little bit of ammo will be stacked bottom right

Ill put pink felt on and under the shelves

and cut the corners so i dont get scratched.

also put 4 toggle bolts in the wall

and did three additional bolts in the stud

2 in the cement

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, i just had the stacked over there somewhere and couple leaned right there system going on.
its a light duty cabinet i know, but it slows it down some.
my apt is wired alarm anyway with zones

and it also helps that the cat is shady as **** too.

·
Registered
219 Posts
WOW Looks GREAT Shotlady!...You did a great job!

Like the personalized pink stuff!

YOU DA GIRL!

SSGT

I need to pick up another gun safe here as well!

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Good work

Reactions: shotlady

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just an idea of the fit..

and ill put pink felt on all the shelves

after i cut the corners of the shelves

and do another shelf a cross the top

the 2 across the top can hold 2 pistols each

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Looks Great! I have the same model but in green. I need to do the same thing.

I would caution you on one thing though - that is a gun locker, not a safe. Anyone with a crowbar and 5 minutes can be into that thing with ease. I mainly have mine for liability. I keep guns locked inside of it and I keep trigger locks on the guns. Then the ammo gets locked elsewhere. That way if any of my daughters friends decides to go play with the guns they really have to intentionally get to the guns before the are lethal. She knows better and she doesn't pick friends that would to that - but you never know. One day it could happen.

Reactions: Irish and shotlady

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks Great! I have the same model but in green. I need to do the same thing.

I would caution you on one thing though - that is a gun locker, not a safe. Anyone with a crowbar and 5 minutes can be into that thing with ease. I mainly have mine for liability. I keep guns locked inside of it and I keep trigger locks on the guns. Then the ammo gets locked elsewhere. That way if any of my daughters friends decides to go play with the guns they really have to intentionally get to the guns before the are lethal. She knows better and she doesn't pick friends that would to that - but you never know. One day it could happen.
me too, i have all my shit insured and this allows my insurance and liability insurance to be 1/2 off. and hell its much better than my cases stacked overthere somewhere.
i can nail you at 45ft 1.3 seconds 2shots grouped to the size of business card .five minutes is fine.

and yes, inceptor, i sure do like them evil black guns.i may know where more are at :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
That is so cool.

I'm not sure if im behind the game, I do not have a gun safe. I got no kids and have most of my weapons placed around the homestead. They are easy to access for me, but someone cant just wander around and find them.
All my other stuff, ammo, etc is in a locked one car garage/shop, where i keep my Harley and bugout stuff.
Guess i never really needed a safe?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well me neither, i had/have my stuff all over the house. its just me here, the boys are grown and gone. no visitors.
if you wandered around youd find a few.but do consider seeing one as yer warning. but again i rarely have visitors. i like my house clean and private.
my visitors tend to bring more than i have, so theft is never a worry. lol

im generally against this, cause if there is a theft i kinda feel like this rounds them up and gift wraps them

·
Registered
116 Posts
well me neither, i had/have my stuff all over the house. its just me here, the boys are grown and gone. no visitors.
if you wandered around youd find a few.but do consider seeing one as yer warning. but again i rarely have visitors. i like my house clean and private.
my visitors tend to bring more than i have, so theft is never a worry. lol

im generally against this, cause if there is a theft i kinda feel like this rounds them up and gift wraps them
How much does a safe weigh? I mean, could two or three guys just carry it away?
I have seen them at gun shows and they look really heavy.
Was a cut in insurance that main reason you got one?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
naw just didnt want my shit to hurt some one unless i was the one putting the hurting on.
my boy is coming home from the war, i dont know his condition its best i keep shit not just a round the house during his visits until i can see that hes going to be okay.... after a few months i shall present him with his remington 870 express and xd 45. i have a coupla reasons. we also locked up my other boys shit. changed all the locks, rooms now locked and closets locked,& put in alarm systems, put in locked cabinets ect... just a precaution. for now. its the responsible thing to do.
the insurance is a bonus.
safes are super heavy and start at about 499.00 3-5oo lbs i guess.

this one is bolted to the wall with 4 toggle bolts, 3 more bolts in the stud and 2 in the cemment.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Are the shelves adjustable?

Reactions: shotlady

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had to do my own dehumidifier and lighting too.
Home depot had these really cool hampton bay led "pucks".
They are nearly flat, and came in a three pack.
I mounted one on the ceiling and two underneath the first shelf.
They light up the whole safe.

De-humidification.....cant beat a goldenrod or equivalent!

·
Registered
365 Posts
BTW, I made my own shelves too. I welded up square plates to square tubing and made two tiers. I built them to be removeable and out of steel 'cause they hold all of my ammo.
The safe is bolted to the wall and floor joists too.
It weights over 200lbs, so if they want it...they'll have to work for it!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts