·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MLB All-Star Game will move to Denver
By Amir Vera, Cesar Marin, Jeremy Harlan and Leslie Perrot, CNN
Updated 2:12 PM ET, Tue April 6, 2021

CNN)Coors Field in Denver -- home of Major League Baseball's Colorado Rockies -- will be the new host of this year's All-Star Game.

"Major League Baseball is grateful to the Rockies, the City of Denver and the State of Colorado for their support of this summer's All-Star Game," MLB Commissioner Robert D. Manfred Jr. said in a statement.

"We appreciate their flexibility and enthusiasm to deliver a first-class event for our game and the region. We look forward to celebrating our sport's best players and entertaining fans around the world."

The statement said the Rockies were already in the bidding process to host a future All-Star Game, and had supplied a detailed plan for hotel, event space and security. Additionally, MLB staff already made visits to Denver.

Summer in Colorado is something everyone in the country should experience, and we embrace this opportunity to show off our beautiful ballpark and everything our city, state and region have to offer."
It will be the second All-Star Game in Denver since the 1998 Midsummer Classic at Coors Field.

Political leaders in the state had expressed enthusiasm about potentially hosting the game before MLB officially confirmed the change. “We are excited about the possibility of hosting the All-Star Game and are awaiting MLB's decision," Hancock said.

(Continued at CNN.)

Note: I will bet that Denver is doing a dance: and it’s all because of the mindset of Atlanta’s big business’s , and it’s political idiots. There is an estimated $100,000,000 being spent, and that is a whole lot of money for a mid sized city.

Reactions: Denton

·
Administrator
14,858 Posts
Atlanta 52% black.
Denver 76% white.
Both have nearly identical voting laws.
I’m loving this

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Atlanta 52% black.
Denver 76% white.
Both have nearly identical voting laws.
I’m loving this
I will bet that Denver is happier than a pig eating slop, and who can blame them.

Reactions: Denton

·
Administrator
14,858 Posts
I read somewhere that the all star game brings in 100 million bucks to local businesses.
I guess some of the black business people could have used that.
Oh heck! What am I thinking?
Biden’s next “covid “ bill will have millions of dollars for Atlanta minority owned enterprises.

·
Super Moderator
9,194 Posts
I read somewhere that the all star game brings in 100 million bucks to local businesses.
I guess some of the black business people could have used that.
Oh heck! What am I thinking?
Biden’s next “covid “ bill will have millions of dollars for Atlanta minority owned enterprises.
Some of the new incentives will be for people of color only. Does tan count? :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts