Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start one and see if I get any better turnout.

I am in Central MS, at the juncture of Rankin, Scott and Leake counties.

Anybody around?

·
Registered
11,980 Posts
Redneck was a great contributor here, but one can only inhale just so much of that fairy dust that blows in from the Oxford campus these days, before becoming infected. His farm wasn't far away.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Redneck was a great contributor here, but one can only inhale just so much of that fairy dust that blows in from the Oxford campus these days, before become infected. His farm wasn't far away.
Well that explains it, doesn't it? We are State people (DH is a prof) but we go to Oxford and TSUN quite frequently. The difference between Starkvegas and Oxford is... stunning, as is the difference btw State and Ole Miss.

Poor Redneck.

·
Registered
11,980 Posts
Well that explains it, doesn't it? We are State people (DH is a prof) but we go to Oxford and TSUN quite frequently. The difference between Starkvegas and Oxford is... stunning, as is the difference btw State and Ole Miss.

Poor Redneck.
Now …. I'm a full blood Texan, but my wife hails from Quitman Mississippi and is an Ole Miss graduate. We have been married for 26 years, with many a trip through the years to Oxford for athletic events, including a few Egg Bowls. Long gone is the prestigious university founded on God, Tradition, Jack Daniels, and ambitious young students with work ethics. Today's Ole Miss student is a bonafide Pusswad.

Long live Johnny Reb …. screw the Land Sharks.

A fair warning … do not bring this topic up with my wife. She is royally pissed and will not get over it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Watchman-- my husband is also a Texan. His first job out of graduate school was at Ole Miss. That would have been about '90. We met in about '95 and almost always stopped in Oxford on our way to visit his family. Now he's at State. Our Farm is about 45 mins from Starkville, and an hour or so from Oxford (which we have great fun mocking in a very fake British accent). We're up there I'd say 6-7 times a year. Have friends there. Enjoy Ajax tremendously. But those are some puffed up people. On paper Ole Miss is not even close to being in the same league academically as State in terms of research, etc. Folks are rude too! (Though don't mention that to your wife.) Walk around one and then the other and see how many times a young man holds open a door for an older woman. Or how folks behave at those stupid round-a-bouts.

Sorry. You got me started.

·
Registered
11,980 Posts
May God bless Mississippi gals who married Texans!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts