1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Gearing up for Inauguration Day me thinks. There were a lot of very angry people storming the gates yesterday so they may come back with their friends. I hope not but nothing surprises me these days.

Godspeed

·
Administrator
14,680 Posts
There is a difference between the military, and the National Guard.

National Guard comes under the command of their state governor. In this case it would be whoever runs DC.

Reading the article, it appears NG's from 6 states have been federalized by the Sec Defense.
I thought only the President could order that, is Trump being ignored, assigned a has been status?

I agree this is most likely to not be caught off guard, no pun intended, during the inauguration.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will we need 6200 troops so ole joe can take his oath in the basement??

·
Banned
23,899 Posts

National Guard comes under the command of their state governor. In this case it would be whoever runs DC.

Reading the article, it appears NG's from 6 states have been federalized by the Sec Defense.
I thought only the President could order that, is Trump being ignored, assigned a has been status?

I agree this is most likely to not be caught off guard, no pun intended, during the inauguration.
Yup. He is being cut from the loop. Pence is in on this.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Rogan O'Handley

@DC_Draino

Remember: When BLM burned down cities for months, the Mayor of DC created a park for them across the street from the White House

ErGVRguXMAAhVZB.jpg

·
Administrator
14,680 Posts
Yup. He is being cut from the loop. Pence is in on this.
Members of the administration are resigning this morning. Mulvaney, who has been with him a long time, and others.
There are calls from both sides of the aisle to invoke the 25th against Trump. "Unfit and unwell."

Everyone is distancing themselves from Trump.

·
Super Moderator
8,587 Posts
Members of the administration are resigning this morning. Mulvaney, who has been with him a long time, and others.
There are calls from both sides of the aisle to invoke the 25th against Trump. "Unfit and unwell."

Pelosi said she would have him forcibly removed. I guess this is one promise she intends to keep.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
If I had to guess as one of the reasons, it would be that some want to get out of town to avoid possible harm.

I know if I was the Turtle or his wife, I wouldn't want to be in D.C.

They know where they live.

I'd be heading to a remote location.

Reactions: Denton and KUSA

·
Super Moderator
9,711 Posts

They are using the 25th because if he is removed he cant run again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
The NG in DC, arent they run by Congress? Supposedly Pence requested them in?

·
Administrator
14,680 Posts
The NG in DC, arent they run by Congress? Supposedly Pence requested them in?
According to the Western Journal, the Acting Sec Defense consulted with Pence and 4 members of Congress before issuing the order.

Two guesses (1) Pence has really been running things throughout the voting aftermath, or (2) Trump has been marginalized.

Besides, Trump is busy handing out Presidential Medals of Freedom to golfers today.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts

There are a lot of Bozos in the NG, and I am saying that there are incompetents in it. Not all, but some.
But I guess somebody had to be called in. I don't think that the SecDef did this after consulting Pence, President Trump probably authorized it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts