Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
15,108 Posts
I have always wanted a Rockola, the "cool factor" of having been made by a juke box company is very high.
I looked at the MidwayUSA link, did not see any prices. What is the price range?

I have a 1943 Inland, and 2000's commercial Auto Ordnance.
Had a few Universals back in the day, but they are gone.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,630 Posts
I looked at the MidwayUSA link, did not see any prices. What is the price range?
If you follow the yellow button under the countdown on the page Lion linked, you'll see a sampling of the guns they are currently categorizing and prepping for sale.
Prices range from $1200 to $2500.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Twice as much as my M1 was. Not sure if they are worth it right now..

Reactions: 65mustang

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
About twice as much as they should be IMHO. Maybe if your a die hard collector and need specific one they have.

My question how did Midway get them and not CMP??

·
Administrator
15,108 Posts
Is ammo high for them, and surplus non avail?
Before the ammo panic, a 50 round box would run around $20 to $22.
I have some USGI surplus on strippers, complete with stripper/magazine adaptor, in a bandolier saved for a rainy day. I have never seen USGI surplus for sale anywhere.
But commercial was so cheap no need to find surplus.

Reactions: 65mustang

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ugh! Years ago I found an Inland M1 carbine date stamped 1944 laying in the middle of the road. It was the smoothest shooting gun I’d ever owned. When the 30cal carbine ammo got to be non-existent back in the early 90’s, I sold it for two or three hundred dollars to a collector. I didn’t see much use in a gun I couldn’t shoot. Makes me sick to my stomach now.

·
Administrator
15,108 Posts
Seems like my 1943 Inland has more than doubled in value.
Are these Carbines worth it?
Well, if you are just a casual shooter who cares little for historical value, probably not.

For what my Remington made Springfield M1903A3 is worth, someone who doesn’t give two hoots about holding history in their hands could buy two Savage rifles with scopes.

My Holy Grail would be an M1 Carbine made by Rockola. The ultimate in cool - a weapon of war made by a juke box manufacturer.

Reactions: Steve40th

·
Registered
167 Posts
Seems like my 1943 Inland has more than doubled in value.
Are these Carbines worth it?
Well, if you are just a casual shooter who cares little for historical value, probably not.

For what my Remington made Springfield M1903A3 is worth, someone who doesn’t give two hoots about holding history in their hands could buy two Savage rifles with scopes.

My Holy Grail would be an M1 Carbine made by Rockola. The ultimate in cool - a weapon of war made by a juke box manufacturer.
But then you'd be stuck with two Savage rifles with scope that will never be worth what you paid for them. Keep the M1903A3.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
One of my dear old 70s pals had one made by the Singer Sewing machine company and him or another guy had one made by Maytag. They were very proud of those things. Hope you get one. I saw a smart farmer turn one full auto in 15 mins thanks to a M2 kit which used to be commonly available. It could spit em out fast.

·
Administrator
15,108 Posts
But then you'd be stuck with two Savage rifles with scope that will never be worth what you paid for them. Keep the M1903A3.
Of course I'll keep it.
Goes right along with my Garand, two M1 Carbines, a couple of Mosin Nagants, and three Mausers as part of my WWII stuff.
I guess you could count my SKS in there as well since the Ruski's started issuing them sometime in '44.

Reactions: inceptor
1 - 14 of 14 Posts