Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we approach the time of year to celebrate the birth of Christ, may this find all of you and yours safe and in the company and comfort of those you love.

As an ordained priest, and by the power and authority of the Holy Melchizidek Priesthood which I hold, I offer to each of you a prayer and blessing, that our heavenly father guide and protect you, that he may provide for all of your needs, keep you in good health and with glad heart, that he answer your prayers and have his spirit be with you. I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Merry Christmas to each of you.

The Gospel According toSt Matthew
Chapter 2The wise men are directed by a star to Jesus

1 Now when Jesus was [SUP]a[/SUP]born in Bethlehem of Judæa in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2 Saying, [SUP]a[/SUP]Where is he that is born [SUP]b[/SUP]King of the Jews? for we have seen his [SUP]c[/SUP]star in the east, and are come to [SUP]d[/SUP]worship him.
3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
4 [SUP]a[/SUP]And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he [SUP]b[/SUP]demanded of them where Christ should be born.
5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judæa: for thus it is written by the prophet,
6 And thou [SUP]a[/SUP]Bethlehem, in the land of [SUP]b[/SUP]Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a [SUP]c[/SUP]Governor, that shall [SUP]d[/SUP]rule my people Israel.
7 Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, inquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.
8 And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
11 ¶And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and [SUP]a[/SUP]frankincense, and myrrh.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
well have a grate Christmas to (its sad fewer and fewer people know the real reason of Christmas, out side the most successful coke campaign ever, santa)

enjoy the day and INDULGE

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Merry Christmas to all of you and yours.

Bigdogbuc -

Mrs Inor and I were having a discussion on this very topic yesterday. You being schooled in the Priesthood, may be able to answer our question. Matthew and Luke talk about the Kings bringing baby Jesus gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. But they never say what happened to gifts after the kings left. We figured the gold was God's gift to help Mary and Joseph offset the expense of raising Jesus into a man. But what about the frankincense and myrrh?

Reactions: bigdogbuc

·
Super Moderator
9,178 Posts
To everyone in the group, may you and your loved ones have a wonderful and merry Christmas and a Happy Ney Year. I will be off the Internet for around a week. I hope Santa brings everyone something wonderful.

Ken

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Merry Christmas to all of you and yours.

Bigdogbuc -

Mrs Inor and I were having a discussion on this very topic yesterday. You being schooled in the Priesthood, may be able to answer our question. Matthew and Luke talk about the Kings bringing baby Jesus gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. But they never say what happened to gifts after the kings left. We figured the gold was God's gift to help Mary and Joseph offset the expense of raising Jesus into a man. But what about the frankincense and myrrh?
Great question Inor. You hit the nail partly on the head. A gift of love has three requirements; practical utility, personal value, symbolic meaning. As you stated, gold would help pay expenses. Gold was also a gift of great significance given to kings, so a fitting gift for the "King of Kings" - 1 Kings 9:14, 28 & 1 Timothy 6:15.

Frankincense was a sweet tree resin used as a sweet smelling incense and perfume, but was also used in priesthood ordinances and burnt offerings, as well as for anointing other priests. It was symbolic of Jesus' priesthood and being the lamb of God. John 1:29

Myrrh had monetary value, but was also more valued for its medicinal uses. Which would have been important to Mary and Joseph during their travels. It is also associated with embalming and burial (preserving) John 19:39-40. Its symbolism would be the healing power of Christ as well as his drinking from the "bitter cup" when he suffered for our sins.

I hope you and Mrs. Inor have a very Merry Christmas and may the light of our heavenly fathers love always shine upon your faces.

Reactions: 9UC and Inor

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Great question Inor. You hit the nail partly on the head. A gift of love has three requirements; practical utility, personal value, symbolic meaning. As you stated, gold would help pay expenses. Gold was also a gift of great significance given to kings, so a fitting gift for the "King of Kings" - 1 Kings 9:14, 28 & 1 Timothy 6:15.

Frankincense was a sweet tree resin used as a sweet smelling incense and perfume, but was also used in priesthood ordinances and burnt offerings, as well as for anointing other priests. It was symbolic of Jesus' priesthood and being the lamb of God. John 1:29

Myrrh had monetary value, but was also more valued for its medicinal uses. Which would have been important to Mary and Joseph during their travels. It is also associated with embalming and burial (preserving) John 19:39-40. Its symbolism would be the healing power of Christ as well as his drinking from the "bitter cup" when he suffered for our sins.

I hope you and Mrs. Inor have a very Merry Christmas and may the light of our heavenly fathers love always shine upon your faces.
Both Mrs Inor and I thank you for your answer. This was one of those things that was bugging both of us since we talked on it yesterday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts