Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
These are not my words, but they ring true.
"
I'm up with the sun as usual today. I avoid people on this day for one simple reason... I get tired of hearing "Happy Memorial Day". It drives me up a wall to the point that I HAVE to say something. And it usually comes out harsher than it should. So after I leave the National Cemetery I go home, and I stay there.
Today isn't a day to be happy. It's a day to reflect on what I have....and more importantly WHY I have it.
2 things I hold dear to me. The gift of Freedom and opportunity. I did not earn these things, they were given to me as a child by great men who understood the gift they gave.
As I grew older I slowly understood what it took for this gift to reach a small child like me. Men from every walk of life did something so amazing (and incomprehensible to most people) that it defies logic. They believed in something so strongly that they put there lives in danger so that I and others could share in this gift.
Fill in Names of those who never made it home.......
So, today I get a bottle of American Honey, I sit on my back deck and I do a shot and I remember...
"for they loved to fight, fought to win and would rather die than quit" "

Reactions: gr8fuldoug

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Taps kills me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts