Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Member Ranks

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Lucky Jim 
#1 ·
When I first started the forum, I put anything in the ranks. The ranks are defined on how many times you post something. Thus the higher the more "experienced" you are for newbies coming into the board.

I'm needing suggestings on different ranks. right now I have stuff like "food forager, guides by starts, starts fires without matches" etc.

Any thoughts?

#5 ·
Won't hesitate to cannibalize you if you die first.

Wiiiiiilllllllllllllllllsoooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! (from Cast Away)

Could live in a Volcano

just a few more.

#7 ·
Are these new rank names going to be implemented? I was just curious because it's been a while since this post and I was wondering if there would be more diversity in the ranking system. Also, I'm not sure if you would be able to do this, but maybe you could have medals awarded for certain things, such as having a thread you start get a 5 star rating, earning a certain amount of likes, so there could be a medal for 5, 10, 20...etc. Being quoted by someone...etc. These are just suggestions, these medals would just be symbols beneath a person's avatar so people could see their accomplishments in the forums, this way it isn't a linear "how many times you post" sort of a thing, it has more depth and appeal to it.

Reactions: JDE101 and survival
#12 ·
Absolutely none of my business but i'd think long and hard before introducing awards systems here, because although they might sound good on paper they can rip clubs apart by causing friction and division among members. I speak from experience as an ex admin/mod myself.
At the moment Preppers Forum is great just as it is, and new members are joining in a steady trickle, so if it ain't broke don't fix it..:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.