Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Sure if you are ever in Montana, look me up..lol
Haha every day is a range day in Montana silly guy

Hunting season is fast upon us and if you haven't been to the range at least one, then you are a SLACKER

·
Registered
8,068 Posts

Hunting season is fast upon us and if you haven't been to the range at least one, then you are a SLACKER
Did you have a rare spelling error Rancher? I think you said "Slacker" when we all know you meant "Slicker" :)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

I am at the "range" almost every day.. Lots of prairie dogs and coyotes to practice on. I live on a range..lol,, I have been practicing long range shooting more also.. out to 1200 yds and will take it out to 1500 next week.. Did you read where someone cut 5 fences and shot a cow with an arrow? Might get even more practice here pretty soon.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
In your neck of the woods ( or should I say lack of woods ) shooting 1200 yards isn't hard to do, here in the rocky mountains you can search for days to find a good 800 yard shot fur the mountains.

I was looking at a .50 Barnett and found they have a 27 mil slope to which is great for long range shooting but in my area I would just like to crack a engine block at 200 yards.

It is all relevant, Maybe we could get together and shoot some dogs?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
A round here the range is the back yard or back 40 . We seem to end up having unplanned range days with friends and family.
They are a way to try different weapons and new purchases we make

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
In your neck of the woods ( or should I say lack of woods ) shooting 1200 yards isn't hard to do, here in the rocky mountains you can search for days to find a good 800 yard shot fur the mountains.

I was looking at a .50 Barnett and found they have a 27 mil slope to which is great for long range shooting but in my area I would just like to crack a engine block at 200 yards.

It is all relevant, Maybe we could get together and shoot some dogs?
Sounds good to me.. Here in the Breaks, we have a mix of open land,timber and Rockies. We are smack in the middle of the Little Rockies and Bear Paws. In some places you would be lucky to get a 200yd shot and others you could get a shot as far as the rifle would reach.. We have been seeing a few hundred elk a day in one of our hay fields.. It's a good thing, because there are 16 tags to fill between the friends and family..
We were coming home last night just after dark and seen 4 MONSTER bucks.. Not 1 doe with em that we could see.. I have my eye on a monster 6x6 Muley and about the same Whitetail. They are so wide I could prob fit my shoulders in between em.

Whenever you want to shoot some dogs, just let me know..

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I am looking for so land were I can shoot on and put a cabin or a small stick build home on it . I found three just need to come up with a few more dollars ,, save , save , save that's all I can do now .

·
Registered
863 Posts
My range in Florida.... 10 minutes from the house.

Font Rectangle Parallel Plan Auto part

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
100 yd range, back porch,
250 yd range, front porch,
skeet range is out the front door and 50 yards the left.
pistol range by the shop 100 yrds away.
decent hunting on all 3 ranges,

the quail seem to be bulding nests out front already,,, early this year. hope the cold doesn't get the eggs

·
Banned
3,183 Posts
I have a .22 indoor range that I can open up huge 20x15 doors on each end of the building to ventilate. Outdoor we can shoot any gun legal to own at any range.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts