Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start this thread to bring to your attention that the prepper community may get a lot of back lash from the media on how we are preparing for the worse and praying for the best.

If you come accross any other articles on the web please share them here.

God Bless

Did paranoid, gun-crazed mother trigger son's school killing spree? Friends say she believed world was on edge of collapse | Mail Online
Connecticut school shooting: Did paranoid, gun-crazed mother trigger Adam Lanza's killing spree? | Mail Online

·
Registered
481 Posts
This has been on my mind too. I started a thread yesterday on this topic here: http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/general-talk/2217-nancy-lanza-prepper.html

I think we all know the media doesn't care about people, they care about getting the story and their bottom line. Oftentimes this means dramatizing, stretching, and even outright lying about the truth. I no longer rely on the mainstream media to provide me with truth and I try to think critically about every single news story that crosses my desk.

I think most reasonable people (ie preppers) can see through the media bull$hit will understand the primary issue behind what happened in Sandy Hook. We have massive deficits in our mental healthcare system that need to be addressed. People are falling through the cracks and not receiving the care they need.

I also think it's clear that Nancy Lanza was:
1. A divorced mom with a disabled adult son.
2. Someone whose ex-husband was off living a new life with a new wife and trying to do this on her own day in and day out.
3. Not very unique in her predicament - I think there are a lot of single moms like Nancy out there dealing with a troubled young adult in a community that's lacking mental health services.
4. Wrong for teaching Adam to use guns given his alleged Aspergers diagnosis. Kids with that diagnosis often have rage and impulse control issues. Two traits that are not a good mix for someone with access and know-how of guns, especially assault weapons.

Given the President's speech last night and some comments made by Dianne Feinstein over the weekend, I think we are going to see some big changes in gun control and access to assault weapons will be going bye-bye as soon as Congress is back in session.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Intelligent people know the media is full of crap with little care for the truth and the whole story. It's only what sells stories, makes them money and favors their political interests. I could give a damn that their caller her a gun crazed prepper, only to note that did and remember them as the scumbags they are.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
That fake sense of grief and concern the media halfheartedly tried to convey during incidents like this drives me crazy too. The way the media badgers the families of victims is telling to say the least.
Oh me too. Their hyena's feeding off the sorrows of society. Someday I hope they finally get put down for it.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I gave up on having and watching a TV when we made the switch to HD TV. There is rarely anything on TV worth watching without having a 100 dollar cable bill and even thats debatable, and you cant take whats reported on the news for face value after the media finishes putting their spin on everything they report.

I think your dead right in your assessment preppermama.

·
Registered
466 Posts
And lest we all forget , A little small man with a very large mouth named Rhaum Emanual said to O Great One, "never let a good disaster go to waste". I think we will see the entire Senate jump on the ban guns band wagon. Enforceing it though ? May be little tougher then they think. I think a better idea and lesson from this and many others of late would be for all teachers to be trained to use deadly force and made to carry a weapon.

·
Registered
257 Posts
What annoyed me was how articles I was reading were asking why she had guns, since it was a "safe neighborhood". What's it matter why, it's her right. If someone quizzed me about why I own guns, saying that my neighborhood is safe enough, I'd get pretty upset pretty quickly, I think. She probably should have invested in a good gun safe with an unstable son around, but for all I know, she did and he still managed to get a hold of them. It sounds like the shooter had a lot of problems, and probably needed a lot of help. That's no fault of the mother. Debating gun control after this event is a waste of time, he was just one mentally unstable kid. And the media has been following those poor kids and family's of the victims since the story first broke, I say leave the poor community alone to grieve at this terrible time.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I don't understand why those guns weren't locked tight in a safe myself. That is her mistake. Anyone with kids should have their guns in a safe as far as I see it. You can't control your children getting into things. You're kidding yourself. And their friends who come over. Leaving guns out in the open with children (especially one mentally disturbed) is foolish.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'd like to point out something to all you "knowledgeable" preppers about "assault weapons". You are falling into the same jargon usage as the idiotic liberal media!!!! Just what the hell are you calling an "assault weapon"?? Just because a rifle is black and has a synthetic stock instead of a nice polished walnut stock DOES NOT MAKE IT AN ASSAULT RIFLE! Just because a pistol holds a magazine (NOT a "clip") that holds 13 or 15 rounds, does NOT make it an "assault weapon"! An "assault" rifle or submachinegun has the capability of firing FULLY AUTOMATIC! They are ALREADY illegal to own by the public without a special Federal License that is VERY expensive and rather difficult to get. A SEMI-automatic rifle, whether it is black or has thousands of dollars of fancy engraving and an exotic wood stock are both FUNCTIONALLY THE SAME and are NOT assault rifles! Too many of you are confusing "appearance" with function. JUST LIKE THE ANTI GUN LIBERAL MEDIA and POLITICIANS and all their talk about large capacity "clips" and "evil assault rifles that aren't good for anything but killing people!"

No wonder the liberals can't get it straight when people who supposedly should know better talk just like them!!!!:shock:

·
Registered
570 Posts
The guy was 20, hardly a minor, and an adult in every legal standard I know of. People need to stop treating him like a child, but rather an adult with issues. Even if the mother had her guns stored in a safe at all times, what would have kept him from digging through her purse for a key or written combo?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The guy was 20, hardly a minor, and an adult in every legal standard I know of. People need to stop treating him like a child, but rather an adult with issues. Even if the mother had her guns stored in a safe at all times, what would have kept him from digging through her purse for a key or written combo?
Point taken, but if he was mentally unstable and she knew it, she should have taken steps to secure them from him. Keys can be kept on person or hidden and combos can be changed. He had access obviously and this was the outcome to it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hard at work folks. Dug this up. Theres a video at the bottom as well that you can open into a new browser to get it full size. I get the first one but second one Im stuck on maybe.

·
Registered
887 Posts
**** me sideways.

This was not the video I saw. It was pulled and changed for this version before I could link. There seems to be a bit of something going on over this Black Knight discovery. JFK does have something worthwhile to listen to here. Just after 8min in this video.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts