Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting some ideas for a breachers kits. I would like to put one together. Anyone have a pre manufactured one? If so what brands and options are out there? Has anyone built their own and what does it include? Pics would be appreciated!

·
Registered
161 Posts
That is a nice! I have never seen one before. I wonder if it would be possible to fabricate one out of a pry bar and weld the other pieces on the end? Not sure if welding would hold up to the potential torque that could be applied to the tool.....

·
Registered
21,643 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Yep, the Hooligan tool is very good at what its designed to do. Breached many a door with one. It works best when you have a second person come in behind you and slam it with a sledge hammer after you have positioned it, just before you "do your duty" and destroy that door allowing your "team" to do a dynamic entry on a door thats too sturdy to just be kicked in by the lead guy. Havent found too many doors that can stand up to an appropriately used Hooligan tool.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just getting some ideas for a breachers kits. I would like to put one together. Anyone have a pre manufactured one? If so what brands and options are out there? Has anyone built their own and what does it include? Pics would be appreciated!
Mind if I ask why you would want something like this for preps? It's not something I have run across before.
I'm wondering if you tried to enter someplace other than your own, you may end up being shot.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Yep, the Hooligan tool is very good at what its designed to do. Breached many a door with one. It works best when you have a second person come in behind you and slam it with a sledge hammer after you have positioned it, just before you "do your duty" and destroy that door allowing your "team" to do a dynamic entry on a door thats too sturdy to just be kicked in by the lead guy. Havent found too many doors that can stand up to an appropriately used Hooligan tool.
I dunno about most folks but when I was younger I tried to kick my own front door in one time and tried to kick the door of a neighbor's house in when it caught fire one time and damned if they both weren't invincible to me. Have you ever actually seen a normal man walk up to a front door and merely kick it open?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
OMG, you sure got that right. I can buy a paine of glass much cheaper than I can repair the damage to a door facing and the door after using a hooligan tool or a "master key" (sledge hammer).

Yes Leon kicking in an external door can definitely be an issue as most are considerably sturdier most of the time as compared to other doors. But youd be surprised at just how many cheapie doors that get put on the exterior of a home, especially those that give one access to the garage from the exterior of the home. This has always puzzled me when you consider just how much ones pays for a home when purchasing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
And much cheaper.
You guys are exactly right, and that's what we did when I accidentally locked everyone out of the house. We broke a basement window (smallest and cheapest to replace) and I had to crawl on top of my coat to keep from getting cut. But it cost maybe 10 bucks at most to replace that glass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts