Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now maybe the time that you take stock of all your preps and decide what you really need if SHTF and if you have several guns now would be the time to sell and get things that you lack. Maybe some of your friends think like you about being self sufficient but never came around to getting that AR-15 he wanted. Some of the things you may wan't to get if you sold some guns.
1.Fix one of your gun exactly like you always wanted like buying an Acog, Eotech. or Elcan.
2.Increase your stock of food
3.Body armor
4.Communication equipment Short wave,maybe some walkie talkies for every one in your family.
5.Hand Held GPS,
6.And my favorite maybe look into getting Lasik eye surgery (by far my best prep ever).

In fact many of us bought several guns over the years as a tangible asset that can be sold at any time. Well now is definitely a sellers market.

Now would be a good time to take stock of what you have and what you really need.

·
Registered
355 Posts
No need to sell anything... yet but the eye surgery is an awesome idea! Best I've seen here so far. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No need to sell anything... yet but the eye surgery is an awesome idea! Best I've seen here so far. Thanks!!!
Yes it is amazing I just went for a free check they told me everything about it and I went in a few days later, and the next day I had 20/15 vision (which isn't unusual). No worry about contact lenses or glasses.
What surprised me was that there wasn't hardly any pain involved. But there are so many advantages such as if you wake up you don't have to reach for you glasses. When out in the woods you don't have to worry about loosing your glasses or that they fog up and contact lenses are just as big of a pain.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I tried pain before & decided I didn't like it. I try to avoid it as much as possible now.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If I have the eye surgery will I be able to play the piano afterwards?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Only one request: If you do sell some guns, don't be a $%^$^&%^
and charge three times what they are worth. :evil:

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Not sure where you live, but on guns you have missed the boat. Guns are dropping in price here in CA. They are still higher
then before Newtown but they've come way down. I did sell 2 full lower receivers for $700 during the hype in January. Now
i see them sitting there at $250/275. People are still asking over 300 but not getting it.

Magazines are still high - hi cap magazines would be a great thing to sell right now if you had them - enough I mean. I've
seen them going for as high as $40 / $50 a piece for AR - 30 round. Ammo is the "stupid high" right now. I'm seeing $750
now per 1,000 rounds routinely and people lining up to buy if its less. I was trying to buy an upper right now to put with
my last extra lower receiver and offer up an AR-15 complete to maximize my extra magazines and lousy Herters can, but
I can't score a decent upper at a fair price at the moment - but we're getting closer.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
If you don't they are gone in 60 seconds. Why be a fool and leave money on the table? It makes no sense
if people want to pay the price sell it too them. No one is putting a gun to their head.

Only one request: If you do sell some guns, don't be a $%^$^&%^
and charge three times what they are worth. :evil:

·
Registered
634 Posts
just throwing my 2 cents in, saw where I am locally a AK for 650, its getting better by the day, now the price of ammo needs to start dropping.

·
Registered
922 Posts
If you don't they are gone in 60 seconds. Why be a fool and leave money on the table? It makes no sense
if people want to pay the price sell it too them. No one is putting a gun to their head.
I guess I just have a conscience.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
The last thing I would part with would be any of my weapons or ammo.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Let me ask you;

If things were going "south" economically. Things were going over the edge from hell to a hand basket and gold
soared to $5k and silver seemed to hit $100 per ounce; would you sell them back at the "old" rate? Really?

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
The free market system says that the price for any item is worth what people are willing to pay for it.

If some are willing to pay what we believe is an outrageous price, who are we to stop them? We know what we are willing to pay for something and refuse to pay more. That is our right. But others also have the right to pay what they are willing to cough up.

The alternative is price regulation. The govt has regulated this country enough. We don't need more.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
i saw a stock sig m400 for 3200 bux i just dont know. i cant wait to get my 22 ammo and 9mm i have enough but i like more than enough.
theres a beautiful sks for 799 its just beautiful. but its over price still by 200 bux. i keep my eye on it and will make it mine.
i still want an ak and a 410 shot gun single or lever action would be fine. just for my fun gun i have plenty others that i could have ammo hoard for. :)

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
$799 is a bunch for an SKS. Try the market place at calguns.net. $450-$550 is more the norm right now. Guns ate moving back to fair prices, ammo still moving up sadly though specifically 223, 22lr, 308.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
799 for an SKS that would be a crime. No way an SKS is worth much over 200 in even this market. A good AK you could make a case for it at that price now.
There is a difference in forgien made weapons like SKS and AK. The New U made and higher end weapons are seeing shortages in material to make them.
And what the is has gone up in price. Barrel stock has gone up 20 dollars.

·
Registered
335 Posts
In my opinion any gun that is in good working order should never be sold. Maybe traded for another firearm.

Now ammo is a whole different ball game. I have purchased cheap .22lr ammo and resold it a half dozen times in the past 2 months or so. Online right now, .22lr ammo is going for .23 cents a round. That is $115 for a brick of 500 rounds! I hit all the local gun shows and check online stores every day and usually get it for .05 to .15 cents per round. Then resell it for a 25% mark up.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just sold a brick for $85 last night. Had an offer from someone else of $120 - but would have had to drive an hour to meet him. I agree - totally nuts right now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts