Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You should always take an online anonymous market condition report wtih a grain of salt.

It is my perception were going to have an interesting 3 months. California has sent to its governor a complete ban on the transfer of all semi automatic rifles that carry detached magazines over 10 rounds and are not 22LR. Its likely moonbeam (gov) will sign it. The first impact of the law goes into effect Dec. 31, 2013 after which no more transfers. Then ownership (who can't transfer them) must register them by July 1, 2015.

If that interpretation is correct then its likely there will be a CA flood of buying on AR's the next 3 months but some panic selling too. The real kicker for those of us in the free states is in January 2014 - the gun industry for AR's just lost 10% of its market. I'm thinking may April/May next year we should get some killer deals on a flood of AR's in the market place!

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
To many variables in that market. Market loss production cuts to match? Obama's new taxes on weapons may run some manufactures out of business .
IMO if you want one now would be a good time. Walmart last week had a whole rack of Colt 6920 at $1097, a lot of lower end Bushy's for 650 to 850.
Even some of the online weapons sellers have come back down to earth as supplies of parts have come back.
Higher end Huldra gas piston $1049 with nice case and mags.
Cheap upper but ok seen for 350 with BCG
Very good complete lowers 349.
Wait to long for the prefect deal you maybe left out.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The peoples republic of CA. A state in which you can't even buy a new black car because it's not as environmentally friendly as a new white car! SERIOUSLY!

Not to poke fun at others religions... But how long before California bans guns altogether because "they've got the devil inside 'em!"?

View attachment 2651

GUN LAWS: Apply ONLY to law abiding citizens who follow these laws. So your bright idea is to leave ONLY CRIMINALS with firearms?!? Please, tell me more how well that's going to make your state a better place to live... :?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The people of CA will likely resist the registration mandate. This will turn 10,000s of them into felons overnight. Possibly 100,000s. There is plenty of factual info going around the state about the language in the registration law. It was used befor in 1999 for a mandate to register SKS models that were sporterized to carry detachable mags. In 2000, a year after mandatory registration, the state confiscated them. They demanded they be turned in for a $230 voucher and some 15,000 were ( I can't verify that). I can verify the confiscation order.....don't let anyone tell you registration doesn't lead to confiscation. California has already done it, it's on the books, and the courts did not reverse the law. Gun owners in CA are acutely aware the AR registration mandate is the same language as that demanding the SkS mandate.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Pretty hard to argue that getting rid of any long gun is going to effect the crime rate when rifles are used in what? maybe 2% of crimes?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These people clearly don't argue on facts, but on emotion. They are one mass murder away from taking that act of registration into one of "voluntary" confiscation then the real deal.

And the so called "AR" by the main stream media is used in 3% of all homicides in America nationwide. Hammers are used more often then so called "assault rifles" and I'm not kidding look it up.

Pretty hard to argue that getting rid of any long gun is going to effect the crime rate when rifles are used in what? maybe 2% of crimes?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I dunno, but I dropped my 700 off at the gunsmith this morning and when I lightly asked about the 80% lowers they had he was VERY VERY eager to show them to me. Here in Indiana there are a LOT of AR's and pieces starting to pile up... and .22lr has been on the shelf at the local wallyworld for 3 days in a row! Ok, mostly just 50rd packs and you are limited to 1 box a day, but it is there!

·
Registered
354 Posts
BigCheeseStick. I have been clean and sober for almost three years... Is that bug part of your post? I have wiped and cleaned my computer screen to no avail. How the hell did you
get that to do that?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
BigCheeseStick. I have been clean and sober for almost three years... Is that bug part of your post? I have wiped and cleaned my computer screen to no avail. How the hell did you
get that to do that?
LOL! There are all kinds of .Gif files (little animations) you can Google and put links to in your signature, or use as your avatar.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
California needs to take a cue from Colorado and run these anti-2nd amendment fools out of office.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts