Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Man lives on canoe like the frontiersmen, cool story

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  preppermama 
#1 ·
Saw this recently-

Guy in Boston lives on a 14 foot canoe with all his gear and sleeps in remote areas away from others. He probably has a whole cooking setup, fishing tackle and all. He's got a great angle on this bugging out thing, he's right- nobody who can't walk on water is going to physically reach him unless they take the low ground to wade in and wind up a sitting duck for pistol fire. Talk about fun, I am now eyeing an ultralight canoe.

Meet the Man Who Lives in a 14-Foot Canoe in Boston Harbor | TheBlaze.com

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Well, if it was me, (and I know cold- born in NE) I would shore that boat and flip it over, prop it up like a lean-to with two sticks, run a tarp or canvas rainfly over it, dig a dakota fire pit near it and set up for the night. Like so

Attachments

Discussion starter · #7 ·
That's would be the best way to do a shelter with a canoe. However, something like that would never fly in Boston. The homeless get brutalized, robbed, and attacked all the time. There's a reason he's sleeping on his boat in the water at night. It's safe. I would imagine he's not carrying a gun because he knows the authorities are watching him extremely close.
I don't know why anyone would live in that place. Last time I passed through there the only person who wasn't rude to me I asked "Hey...why does your whole city smell like a beer fart?" Place was dirty and full of ugly people even uglier streets, greasy food...only place I disliked more was St. Louis, looked like a neutron bomb went off and everyone lived.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.