Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? They don't look like the normal "maggot" that is short and fat, these are long white and skinny.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would assume this would be normal and if you think about it they should clean the bacteria off. Folks get squimeish when they hear of the word fly, but it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Mmmmmm protein :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree, if the end of the world happens, I'm sure I'll eat anything just like Andrew zimmerman on the food network. Love that guy!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would guess you are mixing meat and vegetable waste in the same composting bin... if so this is common, to avoid worms in a compost bin you need to have a "Clean" compost bin for vegetable matter and yard waste and a "Worm" bin for high fat / protein that will draw this type of decomp.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? They don't look like the normal "maggot" that is short and fat, these are long white and skinny.
Hmmmm . Have you tossed any sort of animal waste into that compost pile? There are several possibilities and none are real nice , though it is a bit unusual for intestinal type parasite to survive in compost it's not all that unusual..............me I'd pour a bunch diesel on that pile after spreading it out a bit and torch it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts