Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im geeking so hard!!! I found someone selling their new m&p9 for 500 so I ran over and drosed it! and that's good news, it freed up my 30 days to dros a new m&p22 ( in ca we can only buy 1 new handgun a month) this way I can use the same holster. I have compact 22 pistol the sr 22. I am so excited to get the m&p22!!!( itll be my 4th m&p9 im excited for that too):D now the 10 day wait....

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dros, dealer record of sale. yes in ca we have to wait 10 days before we get our gun. my consignment guns that I buy I have to wait for 30 days for pick up I have 2 rifles from consignment that im drosing right now. can pick those up on the 24!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I just love the lack of logic to the 10 day wait.
It's supposed to be so if you're pissed at someone, and you buy a gun, you have time to cool down so you don't kill the person.

If you're pissed at someone, now or 10 days later, you're still pissed at someone. If a person is determined to kill someone, they'll find a way. Gun, knife, hammer, baseball bat. The person is STILL gonna kill someone. It's the person. Not the "tool" they decide to use.
I gotta get out of this commie state :(

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It's supposed to be so if you're pissed at someone, and you buy a gun, you have time to cool down so you don't kill the person.

If you're pissed at someone, now or 10 days later, you're still pissed at someone. If a person is determined to kill someone, they'll find a way. Gun, knife, hammer, baseball bat. The person is STILL gonna kill someone. It's the person. Not the "tool" they decide to use.
I gotta get out of this commie state :(
Like I need a new gun if I'm hell bent on shooting someone....

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Do you have to wait 10 days if you trade in a gun for the new one. Cause if your pissed wouldn't you just use the gun you already have?

Here we have a 24 hour wait for handguns. Doesn't matter if you traded another gun in.

I have an FFL license. I can order or walk into any shop in any state and transfer to my business firearms, easily in minutes. Walk right out the door with them. I can use them as "demo" guns, test fire them etc. But if I want to use the gun as a "personal" weapon and transfer it to me from "MY" business. A background check and wait is required. How stupid is that??

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
No wait here, unless you're delayed by BATFE. You pay, you have your check run, you leave with your gun.

How exactly do they enforce a ten day waiting period on private sales? That's what's completely baffling me at the moment. With no background check and no record of sale, it's not like they have any documentation to work with on that one.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you have to wait ten days regardless, new /used- (consignment is 30days wait)
in ca you can buy:
as many used pistols as you want a month - 10 day wait- even private party transfer
1 new handgun a month-10 day wait
as many new and used long guns as you want- 10 day wait. goes for lowers too.
its really 11 days if you break it down. :)
but wait, there's more! we pay 35.00 DROS fee

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
hahaha and the funny part is I have a few side arms already ;) and I still have to wait. but I familial transfer most that I buy to my sons. there's no wait on that :)

but starting in dec I cannot shop as much ill be paying about 587 for my health insurance. it went up so much that my company dropped us and then my policy was cancelled. so now its on me and I lose out on my play money.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
The wait should depend on how many people you have shot.

If you haven't shot anyone within the last 10 years, you get it right now. If you shot someone 5 years ago, you have to wait 5 days. If you shot someone last week, you would have to wait the full 10 days. This would be fair for everyone, I think. :)

Now here in Virginia, I walk in, fill out the paperwork, pay, and take any amount of guns home. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, it doesn't matter. Yay!

Reactions: shotlady

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
If I read the laws correct, in AZ I can get CCW using my DD214 from service. Hope I'm right
A. In AZ you don't even need a CCW to carry open or concealed - We are a constitutional carry state. Your permit was given to you as a right from your creator, written on parchment by our forefathers and signed in the blood of our countrymen that fell in battle defending our nation. Strap it on and run up to Wally-World if you don't believe me. I'll bet no one bats an eye...

B. However it is highly recommended that you DO get the CCW as it affords you some additional liberties like instant purchase with NO wait time. Carrying in bars. Carrying within 1000 feet of a school. Most LEOs smile upon your existence too.

C. You are correct. We have online classes, short 2 to 4 hr classes (no shooting required), and then if you can prove weapons proficiency through another means like honorable discharge, then you can get it that way too. But you still get inked.

D. I would recommend taking a class. We have some pretty loose laws here in AZ but you will want to get some good knowledge because they are LOTS different than Illinois.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here in CT we have to have the most screwed up system I have ever seen, in any state. If you have a pistol permit you can walk into a LGS, pick out rifle, shotgun or handgun and walk out with it same day. We have an assault weapons ban but you can legally own a pre-ban AR-15 (pre '94) no questions asked, but anything newer has to registered as an assault weapon. You now need a special state issued card or pistol permit to buy ammo. And if you live out of state you can not buy ammo at all. It really sucks to be one of those people from surrounding state that come to Cabela's and finds out they can't buy ammo. There are weapons on the assault weapons ban list that do not meet the state criteria for an assault weapon, and as best as I can figure the only semi-auto center fire rifles in current production that are legal to purchase in CT are the Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30, Browning BAR, Remington 750. The laws are very, very screwy. And if I owned an AR-15 prior to April I can register it and have any "evil" feature I want on it. Magazines are a whole other issue. You can no longer purchase a magazine with a capacity larger than 10 rnds, but if you owned one prior you can keep it but can only load it with 10 rounds unless in your home or at the range, and you must "declare" those too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.