Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

Registered
Inflation is hitting everything hard now, especially construction materials. Demand has increased and Production/Supply has been basically stagnant for a long time. Add to that plant closures due to lock-downs and workers taking COVID "vacations" and you have limited supply.

New Housing Construction has been climbing since March of last year. Repair and Remodel has been on fire for over a year and yes, COVID19 has played a huge role in this sector. Home based workers have motivated the typical family of 4 to find a new home with an extra bedroom/office and home based workers are taking the time to repair the old deck, or build a new one.

With Mortgage rates still very low, and banks still giving loans to people that shouldn't receive them without government backing, we have another recipe for disaster looming ahead.

If interest rates climb 2 points and gas prices hit 4 bucks a gallon watch out! Should be fun...form some.

Registered
Have you tried to buy a used car or truck lately?? Motorcycles are all sold out and prices are ridiculous. Thanks liberals.

Registered
Well . . . at least when your wife says she wants you to take her somewhere expensive for dinner . . . you can take her to the lumber aisle at Lowes . . . offer her the Whopper Jr you picked up at Burger King on the way.

May God bless,
Dwight

Registered
A resin shed was $469 last year, this year it is $699. That is huge jump in price for 4x7 plastic shed
Inflation costs going up on everything

Administrator
I'm an economic dummy, in fact I barely passed the high school economics class required to graduate.

With that as a preface, I ask this - are maunfacturers/wholesalers getting ready for the drop in value to come when Biden starts printing money to cover all that has been spent and all that is planning to be spent? He wants a three trillion dollar "infrastructure" bill.

Remember - Obama devalued the dollar by 25% with his "quantatative easing".

Registered
You're a few months too late on noticing the prices, back in July I seen OSB that goes for $11 max for sheet go to $23 a sheet and now is $39 a sheet. With these numbers I have decided to build next structure out of drill pipe (next month) stock up extra cause I need to put solar panel rack up and build what I can from concrete.
Batteries I was looking at for my solar system went from $3000 to $5400 in past month.
I believe these stimulus checks are killing us not helping us.

Super Moderator
I'm an economic dummy, in fact I barely passed the high school economics class required to graduate.

With that as a preface, I ask this - are maunfacturers/wholesalers getting ready for the drop in value to come when Biden starts printing money to cover all that has been spent and all that is planning to be spent? He wants a three trillion dollar "infrastructure" bill.

Remember - Obama devalued the dollar by 25% with his "quantatative easing".
For the Great Reset, they must make the dollar worthless. A big part of the reset is a global digital currency. Part of their mantra is "You'll own nothing and be happy"

Registered
@rice paddy daddy

Economically we have a few things in play;

Domestic manufacturers are anticipating an influx of Chicom and foreign goods and are attempting to match supply with demand at about 90%. Just enough to keep the flow of orders and not enough to flood the market with goods.

Fuel Prices have gone up and are expected to increase further

Over 12 years of printing money has finally caught up with us

To a lesser degree, the "free money" stimulus packages are out there and sellers of some goods/services are taking advantage of it

Fear of Minimum Wage increases. More and more companies are attempting to automate and that costs money in the short term, they are passing it on to the consumer

Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
Well . . . at least when your wife says she wants you to take her somewhere expensive for dinner . . . you can take her to the lumber aisle at Lowes . . . offer her the Whopper Jr you picked up at Burger King on the way.

May God bless,
Dwight
That鈥檚 funny, but your wife might take it wrong, so be prepared to run away. Make her work for her revenge, and besides, she will get winded pretty quick. You will get exercise, she will get exercise, but it will probably go south from there.

Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
For the Great Reset, they must make the dollar worthless. A big part of the reset is a global digital currency. Part of their mantra is "You'll own nothing and be happy"
I own myself and God is waiting on me to get to Heaven, so that He can redeem me in full.
The bastards in this world can never have me, since I have been spoken for, and I have a Redeemer already.

And no pretenders are acceptable to me, not the new Caesars for certain. I won鈥檛 give up any rights: not to them, not to the soon coming Anti Christ, not nobody. And they can keep their lousy crypto currencies.

Registered
I have metal already purchased a few years ago, at great prices. I'm planning on a big picnic shelter and a pole barn house at my getaway. I wish I had bought lumber a few years ago.
This is really going to add to cost.
I have lots of trees I was going to sell, but might have them cut to have lumber.
I have a friend sold his band mill.
We might buy another one. So I can get some lumber.

Registered
Anybody been to the lumber yard lately to buy wood? HOLY HELL! Prices are crazy. 馃槼
Haven't been lately but am going this morning. Three sheets of plywood, three 1x4's, two non-removable door hinges, and some lag screws. deep breath

Gas is up over 30%. Housing is going up. You can't get out of a grocery store for less than $100 anymore (used to be $80 a week for me). And they tell us inflation isn't happening.

ROFLMFAO!

Registered
This was the cheapest stuff they had. 3/4" was $10 more per sheet (which is what I really wanted but there ya go). They had plenty of it, though; no shortage (yet).

I should add, too, that this is in a rural community and their prices are generally a little bit higher than if I wanted to drive 60 miles to another store that sells it and who knows what their prices are? I am using this for a project that will shore up security (I hope).

Registered
I have also noticed looking at the Hoe Depots website lumber is limited in quantities of what you can buy. Thinking about loading up on cinder blocks months before I start building on the house cause they might be next.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts