Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone - We are casting for a potentially new reality series on planning for major events that goes beyond the ones currently on TV. If you are planning for something catastrophic, we want to hear from you. Send us an email with the following information - What are you planning for? How are you preparing? Where you are located (general area is fine)? Have you fabricated your own safety devices? (please note that all activity must be of the legal nature) Send any pictures if you have them and any other information you think we'd like/should know, along with contact information to: [email protected]

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Thanks for the post, I'm sure that will be a very cool show.

Just here to forewarn our users NEVER to give out your information unless you are positive of whom and what you are giving it to. The admins will NEVER ask you for your information, and our names are always highlighted in green. If you have any concerns, please contact Survival, Acidlittle or Leon for clarification. Thanks and best wishes.

ADMIN

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am still amazing that anyone that is prepping would allow themselves to be put into the public spotlight by doing a show like Doomsday Preppers??!! In my opinion this show loves to exploit preppers as whacky and maybe borderline dangerous. I talked my wife into watching it a couple of times and now she actually feels like she would be embarrassed if people we know thought we were preppers and maybe like most of those that are portrayed on this show. Maybe they pay them a butt load of money??

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
No, they aren't paid a dime. I am cut from the same cloth dude, I don't like DP or programs like it. They marginalize and ridicule sensible people and expose them imho.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Leon said:
No, they aren't paid a dime. I am cut from the same cloth dude, I don't like DP or programs like it. They marginalize and ridicule sensible people and expose them imho.
Then why in the hell would anyone with an IQ over say 53 go on one of these shows?? Maybe just to have their 15 mins. of fame or maybe to hawk their products like the dude that made the survival shovel?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would never do it, and I think there are a lot of inherent dangers (that no fly list is growing by leaps and bounds), but I can understand why some might. There is something to be said for "legitimizing" personal responsibility and getting people to think about what they would do in a disaster scenario. I suspect the shows have contributed to many brand spanking new preppers. The way I see it, if my neighbors are prepared, it means they won't be beating down my door and I won't have to shoot them some day. That would be a tough one. How do you harm someone who is just hungry? ::shakes head:: I hope it never comes to that.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It is a running joke around here about keeping a list of where your mormons neighbors live just in case of SHTF since it is well known that most true mormons maintain at least a year's food stock for their families. While it might be a joke to some people it will turn into life or death when their own families are starving for food or water. I say fly under the radar, stay well armed and well stocked and hope and pray that you never have to use either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
They find preppers who aren't part of the norm and are looking for attention, hence the wackos they put on the show. Normal wouldn't get ratings.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have to disagree with just about all of you. I think most of the people who participate on the shows are genuinely trying to help others become more aware and prepare. Guys like Southernprepper1 arn't wacko's and are well skilled in survival and prepping. The show or network itself is the reason these people are portrayed the way they are.

Watching "Doomsday Preppers" on NatGeo is the reason I've gotten into prepping. Therefore, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that the show and experienced preppers really do provide inspiration for other Americans to become more aware and prepare.

I think it would be a good thing for people to come forward and help educate Americans on how IT is done. Think youtube tutorial and information videos but on a larger scale.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would never give anyone my information unless I could honestly trust you. To earn my trust you would have to show me a series of things. Unmentioned things of course. And also everyone be careful of these types of posts for the simple fact that if you was on a tv show and they told millions of people or the filming crew knows how your whole operation works they could wait until SHTF and your plan could soon be interrupted and taken over by them. So be VERY CAREFUL WHO YOU GIVE YOUR INFORMATION TOO!!!

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
This one is legit though I talked with her. Normally though yeah this place called the internet can be a trap

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
No time to be a star. Life is too busy.

Besides, I know how it would end. One thing would lead to another and I'd become a huge celebrity. Next thing you'd know, they would find me dead, in a pool of my own vomit, heroin needle stuck in my arm, in a swanky hotel room surrounded by a bunch of high priced call girls.
Charlie Sheen would be a bad influence.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
No time to be a star. Life is too busy.

Besides, I know how it would end. One thing would lead to another and I'd become a huge celebrity. Next thing you'd know, they would find me dead, in a pool of my own vomit, heroin needle stuck in my arm, in a swanky hotel room surrounded by a bunch of high priced call girls.
Charlie Sheen would be a bad influence.
Thanks for the good belly laugh

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think SoutherPrepper1 is the only prepper from the NatGeo series that I connected with and actually find really useful. I watch his videos all the time and find them really thought provoking. Sometimes his stuff does cross that line, but with him I think he just takes prepping very seriously.

Honestly, I would NEVER do a show on my life as a prepper because it would totally blow my cover and all my leechy distant relatives will come knocking when the SHTF. LOL. Thanks, but no thanks. I prefer to keep things on the down low.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes, I wanna show the whole world what I have and what I will do.... ROFLMAO not

1 - 20 of 20 Posts