Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
topic says it all, Looking for where to buy an inexpensive, mechanical hand crank drill. I am not looking for the U shaped hand drill that one rotates the U bar around but rather the one that has a hand crank and lever in center of drill that one rotates the lever around the crank.

Looking for all metal with no plastic parts

Checked a few places like home depot, harbor freight w/no luck, not too trusting getting it from Amazon less someone knows of a reputable brand name there.

· Registered
2,259 Posts
What are you drilling. Metal - hand drill.

Wood - brace and bit.

Reactions: AquaHull

· Registered
2,259 Posts
Decent ones are available starting at $25. Don't know about drill press

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to be using it for a combination of wood and metal, have all the bits, just need a reliable crank drill brand. Just needs to be able to go 1/4 deep into metal then rest will be wood

· Registered
355 Posts
I've got two older ones (1950's) Craftsman & Stanley and I would look on Ebay for one of the older brands like Miller, Craftsman and Stanley, I'd stay away from any of the China ones.
FWIW: I also added woodworking hand tools to my shop tools as a what if power is out, I'm still kicking myself for hesitating on a Anvil and missed buying it by two days in a garage sale.

Shroder is a German made tool but I don't know if the chuck is big enough for your use.

· Registered
8,058 Posts
I've got two older ones (1950's) Craftsman & Stanley and I would look on Ebay for one of the older brands like Miller, Craftsman and Stanley, I'd stay away from any of the China ones.
FWIW: I also added woodworking hand tools to my shop tools as a what if power is out, I'm still kicking myself for hesitating on a Anvil and missed buying it by two days in a garage sale.

Shroder is a German made tool but I don't know if the chuck is big enough for your use.
AKA " Coffee Grinder"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts