Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good LONG range scope. I am looking for a mil spec scope that has the wind and elevation turrets on it. I am looking for max magnification and I would like it to have the mil spec retical... There are several that I have looked at but here is the dilemma, I dont want to worry about allen wrenching the turrets tight to keep a zero..

I am looking for a scope that has the turrets on it and can keep a zero being fired off of a .338.. My bushmaster .50 and my Barrett .50 have a scope on them that can handle the recoil but I was wanting to keep the price under $1500 for this one.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I was afraid of.. I use big guns. I never use the .50 cals unless they are smoke polls but even then they only kick like a 410 or 20 guage lol...

.30-06

I need a scope for those three. I have bushnells on them now but I want something with a wind and elevation turret for hunting out west here soon.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I read somewhere that your scope should cost almost as much your rifle. Folks spend a grand on their rifle, and throw a $100 scope on it.
Not sure it works out that way but I prefer a scope that is military approved because I know that they did all the testing. For military style rifles 0-300 yards I like ACOGS or EOTECH depending on the situation. ACOGS are usually in the thousand dollar range an I consider them a replacement for iron sights because of there extreme ruggedness and no need for batteries. EOTECH may have the edge at close range but needs the use of a 3x magnifier for longer ranges plus unlike ACOGS they can be used with night vision. Since the ACOG doesn't need batteries it would be my TEOTWAWKI scope and you really don't need the tritium light source in them that last for 25 years.

Nightforce scopes is what I am sticking to for long range shooting if I had to carry the rifle in extreme conditions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts